Mom passed

NPTim

My mom died in 2010, my dad in 2011. My mom had arthritis really bad and had a stroke and struggled with a lot of health problems for the last years of her life and was in a lot of pain but it never killed her spirit and she was always upbeat and happy to have her family around her and she hand many life-long friends who she was in touch with. The fact that her suffering was over made it easier for all of us and my dad had time to adjust to it and accept it before he died a year later.

Acceptance is the hardest part and it takes time. But you have to grieve until it runs it's course. I still miss them both but when I think back on my life I'm so grateful that I had them both and that we were never a dysfunctional family and that gave me a solid foundation that helped me though any difficulty that I or my brothers or their families ever had to go through. They both would be so proud to see their two great-grandchildren  today.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My older sister texted me. Turns out she is the executrix of mom’s will. She sent me the photo of the will. I was disinherited, purposely by my mother. She seems to have hated me without my knowing it. My sisters always thought I was her favorite, and I told them this wasn’t the case. My inheritance is proving them wrong. 
It makes me sound mercenary, but it’s about being cast aside.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

My older sister texted me. Turns out she is the executrix of mom’s will. She sent me the photo of the will. I was disinherited, purposely by my mother. She seems to have hated me without my knowing it. My sisters always thought I was her favorite, and I told them this wasn’t the case. My inheritance is proving them wrong. 

I'm sorry to hear this, Tim. Prayers sent. tom.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

Thanks for sharing that, it wasn’t needed. Grieve your Mom, none of that is important.

• Like 1

Remember to celebrate her life. She gave you the core values and unconditional love that helped form the life you have lived. By all means, mourn her passing, but take time to reflect on her influence on you, and how you can best emulate her by paying it forward yourself. 

My siblings and I make a point of sharing remembrances on our parents’ (both deceased) birthdays and their wedding anniversary. Those memories bring the smiles which have replaced the tears.

Sincere condolences to you, OP.

• Like 6

On 3/3/2021 at 10:44 PM, NPTim said:

Damn dude, thanks. Thank you all.

Now's the time to tell your best stories. At least to us derelicts. Lost mine in 05, opening up a little helps.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Now's the time to tell your best stories. At least to us derelicts. Lost mine in 05, opening up a little helps.

My cousins called and asked me what my best memories of mom was, and it was a memory of cooking with my great aunt.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

not really Tim, the Emotions are raw and its understandable to feel hurt.

Focus on the good stuff as best you can.

That was the advice she gave me when my step-cousin died.

• Like 3

To get an idea about my sisters and their character, watch Lady and the Tramp and the Siamese cats. They are exactly the Siamese cats. Unfortunately that makes me Lady, FML, but accurate. Mom would be the the bird in the cage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQYqQs0R3w

I found out that they had a “celebration of life”, didn’t tell me about it. They started spreading lies about me. This also makes me like like a scumbag for not being there. We agreed to meet this summer to spread mom’s ashes, they could have easily postponed this until we meet this summer. They announced that they were were the ones putting it on. They told my cousins they told me about it, they didn’t.

E17EF71C-B309-40C5-8351-48BB76D9A43A.jpeg

Edited by NPTim
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, NPTim said:

To get an idea about my sisters and their character, watch Lady and the Tramp and the Siamese cats. They are exactly the Siamese cats. Unfortunately that makes me Lady, FML, but accurate. Mom would be the the bird in the cage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQYqQs0R3w

I found out that they had a “celebration of life”, didn’t tell me about it. They started spreading lies about me. This also makes me like like a scumbag for not being there. We agreed to meet this summer to spread mom’s ashes, they could have easily postponed this until we meet this summer. They announced that they were were the ones putting it on. They told my cousins they told me about it, they didn’t.

E17EF71C-B309-40C5-8351-48BB76D9A43A.jpeg

Don't worry Tim, we know you are a stand up guy. We have your back. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup::599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 1