Mom passed

NPTim

Mom passed away today from what she liked to call, “the old folks friend”, aka pneumonia. She wasn’t alone, my sister was with her. I’m not handling it well. When I’m thinking or talking about mom dying, I break into tears. I don’t have much experience with relatives dying. My dad dying didn’t effect me like this. Granted I was closer to my mother than my father. 
I predicted, years ago that I wouldn’t take mom’s dying well, owing to how close we were. I have a lot of tears in my future, not used to not being in control of my emotions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

My heartfelt sympathy I offer you. 

Losing a Mother is a terrible thing. 

I lost mine when I was 12 years old and I'm here to tell you it doesn't get any easier with time.

Very often in my life I have found myself wondering why...........

You just accept it knowing that if there is a life after death, that you may have the privilege of seeing her again.

God Bless!

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Mom passed away today from what she liked to call, “the old folks friend”, aka pneumonia. She wasn’t alone, my sister was with her. I’m not handling it well. When I’m thinking or talking about mom dying, I break into tears. I don’t have much experience with relatives dying. My dad dying didn’t effect me like this. Granted I was closer to my mother than my father. 
I predicted, years ago that I wouldn’t take mom’s dying well, owing to how close we were. I have a lot of tears in my future, not used to not being in control of my emotions.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

You are not alone. My best friend's sister died last night at age 62. At least she didn't have to suffer long.

While you may have tears in your future, you do have a future. Make it count! I bet your mom would want you to be on a happy path down the road.

Needles to say, if you feel like DMing, I'm just a click away. I'm sure the same accounts for several other fine folks on this forum.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 3

Don’t try to control them, let them go. She was your mother.

we lost mine in ‘14, and at 93 it wasn’t a surprise, but that doesn’t change that you lost your Mom.

im sorry for what your feeling, I’ve known it. She was worth the grief.

may forever feel like home to her. But you let it all go for your Mom, she deserves that.

prayers for all you and yours

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 4

Sorry for your loss Tim. Prayers for you and your family.

Despite all the training and education, and practical experience you have in helping others with the grieving process... you are neither immune to it or granted a shield from its full effects.

Please allow yourself to be human. Know that you have people who respect you and care about you.

One minute at a time, one day at a time, and back slides are to be expected.

As humans, at times like this, we only focus on "what we didn't do", no reflection on what we did.

My hope is that eventually, like my experience, you will grow to both see and appreciate the things you did for your mother.

In the short term and near future, please lean on friends. This is not a burden, but what friends are for.

Respectfully

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 3
  • Sad 1