America's Military: Rapidly Declining

Gunboat1

11 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I was, the push after the Gulf was for force reduction. Voluntary separation, involuntary separation, overweight, dui, drug charges 

anything was a bar to reenlistment

maybe you just weren’t needed, silly you

the Peace Dividend was Clinton’s excuse to raid the budget

Force reduction aside - totally understandable since that the Soviets lost the Cold War. 

under Bush Daddy’s kinder gentler generation, suddenly EEO training craps begun to surface. Soldiers were warned to not sing cadence too much about killing commies and ragheads.  The 101st and 82nd Airborne had their soldiers stripped air assault and jump wings from their Kevlar helmet covers. 

so, yeah, the pussification of the might military that Reagan built after the Vietnam war debacle and the Iranian embassy debacle began with Dubya’s precious daddy  

and how you liked that Read My Lips thing?

or the gun import ban?

but sure, Ross Perot made him lose to Clinton. Yep, not his fault at all for alienating his voters. nope.  All Perot’s faults  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I know you remember this;

the trash talking billionaire populist that promised to be the libertarian wet dream

I’m familiar with the presidential campaign of H Ross Perot.

So what?

If Bush 41 were as popular as you say, he would have won. Anything else is an excuse. 

As for Gulf War I, it was “won” in 100 hours only because we declared victory when we felt like stopping. It didn’t take that much longer, really, to get as far the second time. Just turns out finishing the last 1% of the job takes 99% of the time.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, devildog2067 said:

I’m familiar with the presidential campaign of H Ross Perot.

So what?

If Bush 41 were as popular as you say, he would have won. Anything else is an excuse. 

As for Gulf War I, it was “won” in 100 hours only because we declared victory when we felt like stopping. It didn’t take that much longer, really, to get as far the second time. Just turns out finishing the last 1% of the job takes 99% of the time.

Thank you sir, for being there.  I was too.  Civilian.  I won't get into it, but, again...Thank You.

Had many 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marines, and many more Marines, "Over"...before and after GWI...My Daughter, was battle field honored, as a member of 3rd Battalion, 3 Marines.  Got the Paper to prove it.  Thank you sir.

"Women in combat roles

The Obama administration removed the ban on women in combat roles in 2013, and for the past seven years, the U.S. armed forces have been gradually incorporating them into more and more important roles. The first women graduated from Army Ranger school in 2015. In 2016, women became eligible for the special forces, and 2020 saw the first woman Green Beret.

Are there women capable of being effective combat soldiers? Are some women more fit for combat than some men? Sure. But every clear-thinking person knows the truth as well: Mass incorporation of women into the military is bad for morale and bad for unit effectiveness, and inevitably leads to the lowering of standards. A 2015 Marine Corps study was clear in its findings:

The Marines created a battalion of 100 female and 300 male volunteers. During the past year, they trained in North Carolina and California, taking part in realistic combat exercises.

All-male squads, the study found, performed better than mixed gender units across the board. The males were more accurate hitting targets, faster at climbing over obstacles, better at avoiding injuries. [NPR]

The findings were clear. But in a recurring theme for the modern United States military, leaders have ignored reality in favor of politically-motivated fantasies. This politically-motivated behavior has been clear from the beginning of the women-in-combat project. Reporting by People magazine (of all places) described the travesty of letting women graduate Ranger School in 2015:

Way back in January, long before the first women attended the Army’s elite Ranger School – one of the most grueling military courses in the world – officials at the highest levels of the Army had already decided failure was not an option, sources tell PEOPLE.

“A woman will graduate Ranger School,” a general told shocked subordinates this year while preparing for the first females to attend a “gender integrated assessment” of the grueling combat leadership course starting April 20, sources tell PEOPLE. “At least one will get through.”

That directive set the tone for what was to follow, sources say.

“It had a ripple effect” at Fort Benning, where Ranger School is based, says a source with knowledge of events at the sprawling Georgia Army post. “Even though this was supposed to be just an assessment, everyone knew. The results were planned in advance.”

Multiple sources told PEOPLE:

• Women were first sent to a special two-week training in January to get them ready for the school, which didn’t start until April 20. Once there they were allowed to repeat the program until they passed – while men were held to a strict pass/fail standard.

• Afterward they spent months in a special platoon at Fort Benning getting, among other things, nutritional counseling and full-time training with a Ranger.

• While in the special platoon they were taken out to the land navigation course – a very tough part of the course that is timed – on a regular basis. The men had to see it for the first time when they went to the school.

• Once in the school they were allowed to repeat key parts – like patrols – while special consideration was not given to the men.

• A two-star general made personal appearances to cheer them along during one of the most challenging parts of the school, multiple sources tell PEOPLE. [People]

Militaries cannot operate on fantasy. They must be driven purely by ruthless considerations of effectiveness, because the battles they fight are literally life and death. Yet now, the U.S. military is debasing its standards to please feminists and other progressives. This can only cause long-term damage to military effectiveness."

Just as I have been saying, for decades.  This is the main source of the rot and debilitation.  

Edited by Gunboat1

10 minutes ago, aomagrat said:

The downfall of the military started with the Tailhook witch hunts.

Brig. General James Gavin : So that's it. We're pulling them out. It was Nijmegen.

Lt. Colonel J.O.E. Vandeleur : It was the single road getting to Nijmegen.

Lt. General Horrocks : No, it was after Nijmegen.

Lt. General Frederick "Boy" Browning : And the fog, in England.

Maj. General Stanislaw Sosabowski : Doesn't matter what it was. When one man says to another, "I know what let's do today, let's play the war game."... everybody dies.

3 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

"Women in combat roles

It’s funny, I take breaks from this place and did with the previous place sometimes for years, yet the one constant is GB1 beating this drum. Other posters come and go, or at least what they write about evolves over time (imagine my surprise last time coming back to find out Rabbi is in the movies now) but it’s always the same old GB1 harping on the same old issue. 

Never change, GB1. Not that you could, I suppose. You’re like a cigar store Indian, the offensiveness is almost balanced by the nostalgia.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, devildog2067 said:

It’s funny, I take breaks from this place and did with the previous place sometimes for years, yet the one constant is GB1 beating this drum. Other posters come and go, or at least what they write about evolves over time (imagine my surprise last time coming back to find out Rabbi is in the movies now) but it’s always the same old GB1 harping on the same old issue. 

Never change, GB1. Not that you could, I suppose. You’re like a cigar store Indian, the offensiveness is almost balanced by the nostalgia.

He’s just sore that many of today’s military women have accomplished greater and manlier deeds than he ever dreamed of. 

2 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

You are right.  Truth is immutable and unchanging.  I'm proud to be on the side of the facts, and to be constant in defending them.  And if you find that offensive, that says more about you than it does about me.  

1 hour ago, Fnfalman said:

He’s just sore that many of today’s military women have accomplished greater and manlier deeds than he ever dreamed of. 

No, I'm not.  I'm sore because idiotic gender-integration policies based upon a specious, fallacious argument are severely degrading our military readiness and capabilities.  

Once again, your ignorance is  showing.  You display it like a neon sign.  You know nothing about me, other than what I have chosen to share.  

And no, I'm not interested in participating in a semi-literate circular argument based upon obtuse interjections in no known language. 

Edited by Gunboat1

3 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

No, I'm not.  I'm sore because idiotic gender-integration policies based upon a specious, fallacious argument are severely degrading our military readiness and capabilities.  

Once again, your ignorance is  showing.  You display it like a neon sign.  You know nothing about me, other than what I have chosen to share.  

And no, I'm not interested in participating in a semi-literate circular argument based upon obtuse interjections in no known language. 

I know that you try pretty hard convincing real fighting men that you are somehow of worth. 

yeah, we all know how you went on Stryker ride along in Afghanistan or Iraq. That’s real cute. 

In the mean times Army and Marine chicks are actually serving in the Infantry. 

PS. I was a grunt, so was Devil Dog. Weren’t you a floating bus driver?

Edited by Fnfalman

If I was a 220 pound 6 foot tall hunk of superbly conditioned male (which I most certainly am not) I would want my partner to be able to get me to a safer place should I be injured on the job. This would be true whether I was in law enforcement, fire and rescue, or military. If my partner can do this, it would not matter what race or sex or gender my partner is. If my partner cannot do this race, sex, and gender still don’t matter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1