Texas was warned a decade ago that its power grid was unready for the cold.

pipedreams

"Texas was warned a decade ago that its power grid was unready for the cold. But since the propaganda of global warming fooled almost everyone, no one seemed to take the reality of global cooling seriously. Bottom line: The Texas grid got crushed because its operators didn’t see the need to prepare for cold weather, and everyone will pay the price. And, of course, some people will die for it, and probably many people will get sick from fighting with hypothermia.

“We have a nuclear power plant offline because of a frozen pump, we have coal plants offline because of frozen equipment or frozen coal piles, we have some wind turbines offline because of ice on the blades, we have some solar panels offline because of snow on the panels, but the most spectacular failing is really in the natural gas system where we have over 20 gigawatts of natural gas power plants that aren’t on, that we would like to be on and should be on, but they can’t get the gas they need, or their equipment is frozen,” said Professor Michael Webber, chief science officer at the University of Texas in Austin. The keywords here are frozen, not melted, as some climate fanatics who are suffering from psychosis wished it would be."

https://www.technocracy.news/earth-is-cooling-as-radical-greens-continue-to-fight-global-warming/

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/02/mark-sircus/earth-cooling-dramatically/

"You would think someone in the government would say something useful like warning the public about the signs and symptoms of hypothermia. But the press is too busy covering their backsides about global warming."

You had my interest until I got tot he part "said Professor Michael Webber, chief science officer at the University of Texas in Austin". 

If the Professor is so well tuned to the problems in the industry, why doesn't he go fix it?      Because those that can't, teach.

No doubt that there are some truths in what he said but I also have no doubt that there is more to it that some frozen pumps. And a froze coal pile is a non issue. I worked in a coal mine that fed a power plant. Part of my job was maintaining the equipment that managed the coal pile as it came in by conveyor. Those loaders are more than capable of breaking up a frozen pile of coal.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:20 AM, jmohme said:

You had my interest until I got tot he part "said Professor Michael Webber, chief science officer at the University of Texas in Austin". 

If the Professor is so well tuned to the problems in the industry, why doesn't he go fix it?      Because those that can't, teach.

No doubt that there are some truths in what he said but I also have no doubt that there is more to it that some frozen pumps. And a froze coal pile is a non issue. I worked in a coal mine that fed a power plant. Part of my job was maintaining the equipment that managed the coal pile as it came in by conveyor. Those loaders are more than capable of breaking up a frozen pile of coal.

I though the coal pile thing was funny, just about any loader would scoop up the coal without hesitation frozen or not.

• Like 1