Beef vs Bugs

Eric

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

I have eaten bugs before just not on purpose!   ?

I heard when I was young, that the average person eats nine spiders in his sleep, during his life. Considering some of the places I have lived and my time in the Infantry, I imagine I am well north of that number. I don’t really care, as long as I sleep through the experience. Imagine waking up with a spider crawling around in your mouth, or wiggling around as it goes down your throat. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

I heard when I was young, that the average person eats nine spiders in his sleep, during his life. Considering some of the places I have lived and my time in the Infantry, I imagine I am well north of that number. I don’t really care, as long as I sleep through the experience. Imagine waking up with a spider crawling around in your mouth, or wiggling around as it goes down your throat. 

I'd rather wake up to a spider doing that rather than a house centipede.  Thank God we don't have those things on the west coast.  Spiders are so accurate at what they do and I have never seen a spider on a wall or ceiling lose it's footing and fall.  House centipedes on the other hand are probably the most clumsy bugs there are and are always falling from the ceiling and landing on people while sleeping or relaxing.  

10 minutes ago, Cheygriz said:

Lotsa you folks have never been through military survival school. (SERE)

I know what I CAN eat. I don't HAVE to these days.

Depending on what you want to believe, many if not all of those fake meat products have enormous amounts of sodium, sugar, hormones, and lots of other things that scientists call each other when mad. There are lots of things to substitute meat if you have to and most of them taste much better and are much better for you. Mushrooms for example, have been used in that for just about ever.

Edited by LostinTexas

4 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I ain't crickets in their regular form but properly processed I could see having them in food.

People get bother by bugs but then they eat shrimp, lobster, and crab.  Those are just sea bugs and every bit as disgusting to me.

Yep. Crabs, shrimps, crawdads are all carrion eaters. 

the problem with eating land insects is that they aren’t tasty.  You’d get the texture and whatever seasoning you use on the insects and that’s about it. 

in Vietnam there are massive crickets that live off the grains. You pull the head and guts off, pull off the wings and legs then stuff the body with peanuts and other seasonings.  Deep fry then eat. But then the cricket body is just a vessel for the fillings.