Who Has Had The Vaccine?

Eric

Wife got her first shot a week ago.  I was disappointed when the Nurse was telling her about all the muscle pain she would have and potential other "effects".

In the Navy I was told that for shots that ached awful afterwards, do work and use that arm as much as possible and it would make the reaction go away very quickly.  They were right!

She then asked me if I had mine too.  I told her I lived with my wife and she was a year older than me, so the choices for Immunization was going by age and I didn't qualify yet even if we lived together.

I bet "Dr." Jill Biden figured out how that would work..........

So, I haven't had one yet and my wife is fretting till I get one.  I will, but only for her. 

Maybe she thinks I will have a severe reaction............  I donno if my life insurance is enough to tempt her.  But I will only do it for her!

ADDED:  Wife had no immediate reaction.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 5

I'm too young and non-essential. 

I know at least a couple dozen who've had 1 or both shots.  No problems for any of them.

I will probably get it.  I may be able to qualify early when they open it for teachers since I help out at my church's preschool. 

Even just getting one shot will have you at 92% after two weeks of immunity building according to the data John Campbell reported on his YT channel yesterday.  Data out of Israel says the same. 

These may have been rushed, but millions of doses have already been given and the data coming in says they are effective and safe  (in the short term, at least, since that's all we can know).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, norton said:

Got my 2nd shot last Thursday.  Pfizer.  Had a headache in the p.m. and was a little achy but by the next day felt fine.  

I wonder how Jack would have responded to chinavirus. Assuming full health of course. His videos would be epic.

https://youtube.com/user/gioajack

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 2

i have not as of yet, i Probably will get it.

my feeling is that there are a ton of people who are waiting to get it here who are way more likely to actually Die from the China Plague then i am.

the plan was to shoot up those with comorbidities and the Elderly and those with Immunity Issues First, i`m sticking to that plan.

unless the .Gov mandates it, then i will not be getting it on Principal.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tadbart said:

What do you remember better- a scuffle in middle school, or that one time you got your ass soundly beat? Our bodies are wonderfully made, and remember the real ass-beatings better, as well. In addition to building immunoglobulin antibodies, we also have cells that remember what attacked us in the past. So even if the antibodies start to fade over time, the grandpa cells tell the grandkid cells about the time they got their asses beat.

Magnificent answer!

I'm part of the "grumpy old retired guys who refuse to take the (gummint provided) vaccines" control group. So far it has about a 98% survival rate.

BTW, I was listening to NPR as I drove to the dump this morning. I listen to them just to see what the Dims are propagandizing. They were reporting on a new vaccine and said it has "significantly fewer" "COVID related deaths". I had to wonder if, when we're trying to spread fear about the ChinaVirus we include every death from cancer, heart disease, etc. if someone has the virus, then when we're evaluating a new vaccine all we have to do is consider such cases as not directly attributable to the virus, and voila, we have an effective vaccine!

Or, as my esteemed colleague Professor Peter Waylen once commented, "The answers we get are often dependent upon the questions we ask." :supergrin:

• Like 2

My wife is a nurse practitioner and she's had both of the Moderna shots. She said she had a mild headache after the first. She was already scheduled off the day after her 2nd one. She got up at 8 am to put one of the kids on the bus, then was on the couch with no energy to get off of it until 11:30 that night. She was also slightly swollen and sore from the side of her neck to the shoulder she received the injection in.

15 minutes ago, Historian said:

Two percent of the us population is about 6.5 million people.

Nah, think 2% of grumpy old retired guys who contract the ChinaVirus. That's a lot smaller (and more exclusive) pool of candidates.

A 98% survival rate doesn’t take into account the two weeks of hell.

Makes you stronger, though. ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I'm not wishing anything on anybody, other than the ability to make their own choices in a free society. 

You're not the kind of guy who would.  And i agree with a lot of what you are saying about choices.

It's a big old turd sandwich.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I made the mistake of falling asleep on the shoulder where I got the injection. It woke me up a couple of hours later and it wasn't happy with me. My shoulder hurt like hell. It took a couple of hours to get back to sleep.

So, even if you don't have much (or any) injection site pain, I'd be careful about sleeping on that shoulder, the night of the injection.

• Like 1