Who Has Had The Vaccine?

Eric

3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

The medical tech has increased a great deal since the Spanish Flu. Talking to the doctors (been doing a lot of that) even as recent as 50 years ago, we would have millions dead. The response (not political response, but medical) has a lot more to do with the survival rate and speed of treatments than any kook conspiracy.

it’s it’s a credit to our advancement, not a James Bond plot.

Regardless, its still EXPERIMENTAL!

• Like 4

My wife got Pfizer #1 a week ago Monday, had a mild headache and a bit of a sore arm the next day.

I got my Pfizer #1 this past Tuesday. I took a hand gripper with me and started working it as soon as the needle came out, and continued doing that for pretty much the next 5 hours, along with some small weights on that arm.  NO ISSUES the next day.  I did feel bad for all the old folk (well, older than me) just sitting in the waiting area after, doing nothing. Those people were going to have dead arms.

You gotz to get the vaccine out of the injection site asap, and the only way to do that is to work the arm. Pretty much anyone that has been in the military learned that. Lord, I didn't know that until after basic when in Tech School. We got Cholera and Typhoid shots the same day, one in each arm. The next morning no one could get their arms up more than about 6 inches. Couldn't reach the shelf in my locker. Then some guys who had been there longer walked around punching the newbies in the arms. OMG!  Learned my lesson! Come towards me the day after a shot and you get kicked in the nut sack, no questions asked. And yeah, I distributed a few of those punches myself later on.

That said, like many others, I've been stuck with so much stuff over the years that there is no fear/concern.  Hell, I even got a Swine Flu jab in 1976 and I don't think it had near as much research behind it as these do. Yellow Fever, Cholera, Typhoid, Smallpox, Anthrax, etc. Even been getting the flu shot the last several years after Doc said to. And guess what, no flu since then either.

Get it. Don't get it. Don't care. I'm just tired of this Covid **** and this is about the first offensive action that has been available to me.

Edited by xromad
Added a word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, xromad said:

You gotz to get the vaccine out of the injection site asap, and the only way to do that is to work the arm. Pretty much anyone that has been in the military learned that. Lord, I didn't know that until after basic when in Tech School. We got Cholera and Typhoid shots the same day, one in each arm. The next morning no one could get their arms up more than about 6 inches. Couldn't reach the shelf in my locker. Then some guys who had been there longer walked around punching the newbies in the arms. OMG!  Learned my lesson! Come towards me the day after a shot and you kicked in the nut sack, no questions asked. And yeah, I distributed a few of those punches myself later on.

Yeah, well, back when I was in basic (and giants walked the earth) they had this square needle...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Yeah, well, back when I was in basic (and giants walked the earth) they had this square needle...

I remember at the reception station at Benning, the medics came in during one of the lectures and started setting up the pneumatic shot guns and whipped out the longest needle I’d ever seen. Well I guess my eyes were the size of saucer, flying saucers that is, the bedpan jockey nodded my way, grinned and gestured with the needle in my direction and winked at me. I may have passed out, I’m not certain. I won’t forget it, that’s fo sho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my first shot yesterday. No discomfort at the injection site. Today weak, joint pain, fever. The instructions say to treat fever with fluids and light clothing. I started Tylenol every 4 hours which did nothing for the fever. When it got to 102 I started ibuprofen alternating with Tylenol. That brought my temp down to normal and made me much more comfortable. Wearing a sweater and laying under blankets while shivering badly is just not my idea of fun.

• Like 1

A question if you please. The j&j vaccine is “only” 70% effective, as I understand it. What happens if there are vaccine passports that allow entry to buildings or travel on airlines and cruise ships, will they allow those that had only one vaccine from j&j?

A question if you please. The j&j vaccine is “only” 70% effective, as I understand it. What happens if there are vaccine passports that allow entry to buildings or travel on airlines and cruise ships, will they allow those that had only one vaccine from j&j?
Of course we don't know what madness our Overlords will impose, but here is a point on the J&J single dose vaccine I'd like to offer.

Much is broadcast and made of it's 70% rate of preventing Covid-19 infection.

The more important numbers are it is 100% effective in preventing hospitalization from Covid-19 infection, and 100% effective in preventing death from Covid-19 infection.

For people w/o risk factors I think a single dose vaccine can be appealing (the less stuff pumped into your body the better).

jmho
Respectfully

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any vaccine is better than none. The percentages can be misleading. The flu vaccine is sometimes rated as low as 55% because they must make an educated guess which strains will come around that year. I got flu shots every year, was exposed to everything but never got sick.

My best advice is to take the first vaccine you're offered. They all vary a little, but the % is the wrong way to compare. Good luck.

11 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Got my first shot yesterday. No discomfort at the injection site. Today weak, joint pain, fever. The instructions say to treat fever with fluids and light clothing. I started Tylenol every 4 hours which did nothing for the fever. When it got to 102 I started ibuprofen alternating with Tylenol. That brought my temp down to normal and made me much more comfortable. Wearing a sweater and laying under blankets while shivering badly is just not my idea of fun.

You're doing what most US doctors advise and most of us have done all our lives to treat fever.  It's what I've always done, too.

There is an alternate view, that seems reasonable (even if not very comfortable).  

Dr. Campbell had a video a while back about the value of letter fevers run in most cases:

Fevers, good or bad - YouTube

I may try to ride out my next one.

11 hours ago, jame said:

I’m scheduled for next Wednesday, the 26th for mine.

I’m kinda hoping for the J&J shot so I can be one and done, but I guess I’ll take whatever I can get.

I was considering that one, too.  Not just one shot, but a slightly less novel technology, and, I'm young enough (not young, but young enough) to not be at very high risk, that a lesser degree of protection doesn't worry me.  Unfortunately, no one seems to have that in my area.  Tons of Moderna and a moderate amount of Pfizer only.

Campbell has a video about the trials data on J&J (First 7 minutes on J&J, the rest discusses the EU response to AstraZenica concerns):

Vaccine side effects - YouTube

9 hours ago, NPTim said:

What TBO said.

Of, if you want the conspiracy version: the percentages don't matter since none of the shots do anything for your health.  They only implant the tracker chips and provide the unspecified "long term consequences" that will one day appear. You'll be approved for Vaccine Papers as long as you support "Big Pharma" by taking any shot.  (If they decide they need more money [or need to update the software in your chip], they'll just make you get a booster later).

• Like 1

As a first responder, I could have probably gotten the shot a couple months ago. I didn't bother to do so, because I'm not high risk, nor is anyone at home.

Only about half of my department agreed to get the vaccine. They just recently started offering two extra paid vacation days to anyone that gets the vaccine. I think I'll get the J&J shot (one and done) just to get the free vacation time. cough...BRIBE...cough...

• Like 2

I didn't check if I had responded to this thread earlier.  I had the Pfizer #1 a week or so ago.

I had a steroid shot for my shoulder pain for Bursitis about 2 hours earlier.  

Covid shot didn't even get noticed by me.  2nd shot April 2.  They wouldn't do surgery on my eyes without the shots.  One eye down, one to go.

• Like 1

They weren't offering a choice of vaccines here. Like it or lump it. Given my choice I would take the J&J also. I agree with the doctors advice, take the first vaccine you're offered. So many people have died from covid-19 that waiting for the possibility of getting one particular brand seems like too big a risk to me. Each to his own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul53 said:

They weren't offering a choice of vaccines here. Like it or lump it. Given my choice I would take the J&J also. I agree with the doctors advice, take the first vaccine you're offered. So many people have died from covid-19 that waiting for the possibility of getting one particular brand seems like too big a risk to me. Each to his own.

Its amazing that there are up to 200 vaccines in trial around the world.  Some do not use aborted fetal cells in testing or manufacture. Sorry to say that ALL in the US do.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GT4494 said:

Its amazing that there are up to 200 vaccines in trial around the world.  Some do not use aborted fetal cells in testing or manufacture. Sorry to say that ALL in the US do.

Yes, that is frustrating/disappointing since it is in no way a necessity; however, for clarity & fairness, we should acknowledge that they don't use fetal tissue from ongoing harvesting, nor do they use the original cells themselves.  J&J uses the replicated cells from one of two cell lines that go back to one of two specific abortions from several decades ago.  The cells are gown in a lab.  Neither Moderna nor Pfizer use any of those cells in their production process, but they did use them in the testing phase to assess their vaccine's effectiveness.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

Yes, that is frustrating/disappointing since it is in no way a necessity; however, for clarity & fairness, we should acknowledge that they don't use fetal tissue from ongoing harvesting, nor do they use the original cells themselves.  J&J uses the replicated cells from one of two cell lines that go back to one of two specific abortions from several decades ago.  The cells are gown in a lab.  Neither Moderna nor Pfizer use any of those cells in their production process, but they did use them in the testing phase to assess their vaccine's effectiveness.  

You are very well read in, I'm impressed!

Yes the cells were from either the 60s or 70 and they current vaccines used the HK239 line.

True they are continued lines but where they came from is not disputed.  Several vaccines in trials do not use them at all.  Its a matter of how strong your beliefs are in using fetal cells and the lines they made from them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GT4494 said:

The fetal cells aren't aborted to be used for vaccines and would otherwise have gone to waste.  I'm a nurse and learned long ago that many good and bad things happen and passing judgement is for a higher power. Instead, using them for vaccines may save lives or improve the quality of life of those in need.

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

The fetal cells aren't aborted to be used for vaccines and would otherwise have gone to waste.  I'm a nurse and learned long ago that many good and bad things happen and passing judgement is for a higher power. Instead, using them for vaccines may save lives or improve the quality of life of those in need.

But why use them if it isn't necessary??

11 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Any vaccine is better than none. The percentages can be misleading. The flu vaccine is sometimes rated as low as 55% because they must make an educated guess which strains will come around that year. I got flu shots every year, was exposed to everything but never got sick.

My best advice is to take the first vaccine you're offered. They all vary a little, but the % is the wrong way to compare. Good luck.

Well, that may depend upon who you ask.  Any vaccine with thimerosal, I would question, as it is a known toxin.

As to percentages regarding the influenza vaccine, the WHO pontificates the vaccine strains for the year based upon early season data.  That goes into egg-based, cell-based, and synthetic tri or quadrivalent flavors of vaccines, all of which have differing efficacy.  If the WHO chose wisely, the "percentages" go way up.  If they were wrong, they go way down.  Then, there is the difference between the tri and quadrivalent vaccines.  The math and accuracy is quite complicated.  Maybe one year they screw the pooch and miss them all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3