Who Has Had The Vaccine?

Eric

• Administrators

I took the first shot today. The VA has had such an underwhelming response to its offering, that the have now removed all age and other eligibility restrictions. When I was there today, there were only fifteen or twenty people in the whole auditorium. 

I debated on whether to get the vaccine, but I finally decided to go for it. God knows I’ve put worse things into my body.

Anyone else get it yet?

• Like 6

• Administrators
Just now, Ramjet38 said:

I've had both doses.  Which one did you get? I got the Moderna.

Pfizer-Biontech. The extra fingers and second ass are growing in nicely.:biggrin:

I had a bit of a headache afterward, but nothing of any account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I haven't yet. Pretty sure I've used up my IgG antibodies since being sick in July, but still hoping there is some cell memory immunity. 

I'd really like to give this thing a little more time- let's see what it does for a larger sample size over longer time. 

Pretty sure I'll wind up getting the vaccine sometime later this year, though.

• Like 1

I did. Maderna. I had the COVID in November. Had all the symptoms, but not to bad. Not hospitalized. The worst part was being locked in my man cave away from my wife. My first shot sucked. Got flu like symptoms for 36 hours. The second shot was worse. Worse flu like symptoms for 36 hours. And damn did my shoulder hurt after both. But, I want to see my Dad in Florida, so I got it. My wife(ER nurse) got hers too. She got mild flu symptoms after each of hers.

But I understand those who don’t want it. To each there own. But you can’t predict how the Corona is gonna hit you. Younger and healthier guys on my department got wrecked by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

:mememe:

# 2 will be this Friday. 
So far, my legs are longer, my boobs bigger, I have less of a tolerance for alcohol yet a real thirst. Thinking about getting a third. 

Fantastic.  If i grew boobs i'd have a reason never to leave the house!

Edited by Historian
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

I haven't yet. Pretty sure I've used up my IgG antibodies since being sick in July, but still hoping there is some cell memory immunity. 

I'd really like to give this thing a little more time- let's see what it does for a larger sample size over longer time. 

Pretty sure I'll wind up getting the vaccine sometime later this year, though.

I've heard that someone who gets the 'vid (mild or severe) and lets it run it's course,  will have greater immunity than someone that gets diagnosed and is immediately put on curative treatment.

Any truth to this?

(The doctor said it was definitely the case when I had lyme disease.  I.immediately diagnosed it and immediately went on antibiotics and can, therefore, get it again.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've heard that someone who gets the 'vid (mild or severe) and lets it run it's course,  will have greater immunity than someone that gets diagnosed and is immediately put on curative treatment.

Any truth to this?

(The doctor said it was definitely the case when I had lyme disease.  I.immediately diagnosed it and immediately went on antibiotics and can, therefore, get it again.)

What do you remember better- a scuffle in middle school, or that one time you got your ass soundly beat? Our bodies are wonderfully made, and remember the real ass-beatings better, as well. In addition to building immunoglobulin antibodies, we also have cells that remember what attacked us in the past. So even if the antibodies start to fade over time, the grandpa cells tell the grandkid cells about the time they got their asses beat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm an ""anti-vaxxer"". Not because I suspect any intentional harm towards the general public, but I became very picky with everything that enters my body. Never got a flu shot either. I expect my immune system to deal with these issue on its own.

That perspective may only change at high age, but I wouldn't count on it.

And when it comes to covid, I don't trust anything that is being pushed on mainstream media or by the WHO. I will just watch and talk to people I personally know, see how it goes, and make up my own mind.

My exposure is very low. I live alone and every time I get close to any people I wear a proper N95 respirator. If I touch anything that was potentially handled by anybody in the past few days, I use sanitizing handwipes or wash my hands properly.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2