Red Rory of the Glen

Eric

• Administrators

One day a Brit Gen'ral is marchin' along wit' his regiment. After a bit they come across a hilloc and atop it is this braw scottish warrior holdin' a huge claymore above 'is 'ead. And 'e yells down at them "Ahm Red Rory o' the Glen! Send up your best man!"

An' Gen'ral purples a wee bit, an' he turns to his Adjant an' says, "Adjunt! Send up you're best man! I wan' that man head!" And up goes the best man and then theres bangin' and bashin' and sqwackit and screamin' and then cloppity cloppity clop comes down the 'ead of the best man.

An' Red Rory stands on top o 'the hilloc and shouts. "Ahm Red Rory o' the Glen! Send up your best squad!"

An' the Gen'ral purples a bit more, an' he turns to his Adjunt an' says, "Adjunt! Send up your best squad! I wan' that mans Head!" And up goes the best squad an' then theres bangin' an' bashin' an' sqwakit an' screamin' an' then cloppity cloppity clop comes down the 'eads of the best squad.

An' Red Rory stands on top o' the hilloc and shouts. "Ahm Red Rory o' the Glen! Send up your best comp'ny!"

An' the Gen'ral purples a lot more, an' he turns to his Adjunt an' says, "Adjunt! Send up your best comp'ny! I Wan' that mans HEAD!" And up goes the best comp'ny an' then theres bangin an' bashin' ab' sqwakit an' screamin' an' then cloppity cloppity clop comes down the 'eads of the best comp'ny.

An' Red Rory stands on top o' the hilloc and shouts. "Ahm Red Rory o' the Glen. Send up the whole regiment!"

And Gen'ral turns completely purple, an' he turns to his Adjunt an' says, "Adjunt! Send up the Whole Blawdy Regiment! I WAN' THAT MANS HEAD!" And up goes the whole regiment and there's bangin' an' bashin' an' sqwakit an' screamin' goin' on for the better part o' an hour or so, an' suddenly the Adjunt comes runnin' down the hill yellin' "Run sir, run! It's ae ambush! There's two ae them!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Yukiko said:

This joke is from the Sten series of books by Alan Cole and Chris Bunch. Not sure exactly which one as Alex's jokes are spread out through them all but i think its book 4 or 5.

Yep. I’ve read the series several times.  ‘The Worst Pain Ever’ is probably my favorite Kilgore joke. I believe he told this one in Revenge of the Damned. 

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Yep. I’ve read the series several times.  ‘The Worst Pain Ever’ is probably my favorite Kilgore joke. I believe he told this one in Revenge of the Damned. 

Yeah Worst pain ever is my favorite too. Sten thought it was the worst joke though. :)

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Yeah Worst pain ever is my favorite too. Sten thought it was the worst joke though. :)

The spotted snake was a close second. Cole and Bunch did an outstanding job fleshing out their characters. Kilgore is a great example of that.

6 hours ago, Yukiko said:

This joke is from the Sten series of books by Alan Cole and Chris Bunch. Not sure exactly which one as Alex's jokes are spread out through them all but i think its book 4 or 5.

I loved that series.  It's in the basement somewhere... might be time to dig them up and read a real book instead of an ebook for a change...

• Like 1