Mars landing in 12 minutes.

Batesmotel

13 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Somewhere among the back and forth y'all reminded of an airplane. A "Luscombe" which had a wind powered generator below the cockpit. Perhaps if electric cars were so equipped, I'd opt for separate batteries, when one was low on juice, use the other to either run on or recharge the other. Of course I'm not suggesting a perpetual motion machine but considering the wind powered generator could be allowed to generate when the car was parked............I'm digging a ditch here, and following the advice to stop digging, I'll wish y'all a good night.

One of our newer HyVee grocery stores has two wind turbine/solar panel charging station for electric cars.  Never seen then used, most likely they got a rebate or tax write off to put them in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

One of our newer HyVee grocery stores has two wind turbine/solar panel charging station for electric cars.  Never seen then used, most likely they got a rebate or tax write off to put them in. 

Wonder how their speed compares to diesel powered generator/charger and do they have enough battery of their own to charge a car on a dark windless night or a windless day with the solar cells snow covered?

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Wonder how their speed compares to diesel powered generator/charger and do they have enough battery of their own to charge a car on a dark windless night or a windless day with the solar cells snow covered?

Don't known anything about these but I would guess since they operate all the time they are charging a battery.  If a customer connects,  guess they are to give you boost while your shopping.  Apparently different electric cars require different plug adapters, sort of like cell phones used to be.  This is what they look like.

image.png.b88fd483ef84561314a37b69f193f5a2.png

On 2/21/2021 at 12:33 PM, Paul53 said:

Turnpike rest stop here has 7 charging stations. I once saw 2 being used at the same time. Wondering how long a full charge takes?

On a personal note I fell twice in 3 days. Slipped on ice. Well, that's the way the Paul bounces!

Did they look as " green " as this one ? 

Due# on Twitter: "Here's an electric car charging station..........powered  by a diesel generator. I mean, ?… "

:whistling:

On 2/21/2021 at 11:33 AM, Paul53 said:

Turnpike rest stop here has 7 charging stations. I once saw 2 being used at the same time. Wondering how long a full charge takes?

On a personal note I fell twice in 3 days. Slipped on ice. Well, that's the way the Paul bounces!

I'm getting too brittle to fall on ice now.  I bought some stretch rubber things with steel ice picks to put on the bottom of my shoes when getting the mail or shoveling the driveway.  They really do help for stable footing on ice.

• Like 1