Police send late-night 'Gestapo to intimidate' mom for Facebook remark

pipedreams

"WEST PALM BEACH, Florida -- Will police ever show up at your door for what you post on social media?

The answer is yes, as a South Florida woman has posted video of a late-night visit to her home Friday by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, warning her about a Facebook comment she made concerning masks.

"Palm Beach County sends Gestapo to my home," says Angelique Contreras, describing the incident. "When I asked for this strange man's identification his response was 'What do you want? Badge, gun, handcuffs?'""

https://www.wnd.com/2021/02/watch-police-send-late-night-gestapo-intimidate-mom-facebook-remark/

The sheriff of Palm Beach County is Ric Bradshaw, a Democrat. The PBSO can be contacted here.

• Sad 2

56 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

"WEST PALM BEACH, Florida -- Will police ever show up at your door for what you post on social media?

The answer is yes, as a South Florida woman has posted video of a late-night visit to her home Friday by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, warning her about a Facebook comment she made concerning masks.

"Palm Beach County sends Gestapo to my home," says Angelique Contreras, describing the incident. "When I asked for this strange man's identification his response was 'What do you want? Badge, gun, handcuffs?'""

https://www.wnd.com/2021/02/watch-police-send-late-night-gestapo-intimidate-mom-facebook-remark/

The sheriff of Palm Beach County is Ric Bradshaw, a Democrat. The PBSO can be contacted here.

THAT is Disgusting.  :newburn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sparks said:

Sorry, but she sounds like a real bitch.  Maybe the police should have done that differently, but they aren't even close to the gestapo.  

I'm going to have to disagree, that is exactly how they acted, they made you afraid to speak out. 

The police are all too often, under the guise of preventing a crime, sent to intimidate people who speak out against elected officials. I know because I was "asked" to do it when I was LE. Usually I refused and had a talk with the elected official about minding their manners and having some respect for the office they held.

It's normal to feel uneasy when a member of the public speaks out against you, but that is the job you signed up for, sending armed people to talk to them about it is plain and simple intimidation.

• Like 1