I hate people,

Mrs.Cicero

specifically whoever backed into the rear end of my husband's new car this week (when either the daughter or I had parked it in a parking lot someplace) and dented the back end and detached the bumper on one side.  The husband will be home from his 2 weeks in Arizona in 30 minutes, to be met with this, and with the garnishment letter from the UIA.  This is going to be a bad night.  I hate people.  

• Sad 8

3 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

specifically whoever backed into the rear end of my husband's new car this week (when either the daughter or I had parked it in a parking lot someplace) and dented the back end and detached the bumper on one side.  The husband will be home from his 2 weeks in Arizona in 30 minutes, to be met with this, and with the garnishment letter from the UIA.  This is going to be a bad night.  I hate people.  

I'm sorry to hear this. tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

About a year ago I saw an older woman backing out of a parking space and hitting a bumper. She didn't even realize what she was doing. When I stopped her and told her about it, she didn't comprehend what I was talking about. She was outright confused. She should have stopped driving around a long time ago. Some folks have nobody in their lives to help get around anymore and they are forced to use a vehicle way beyond there physical or mental capabilities.

Looking back, I should have offered her to make a grocery and errand run once every week, if she really doesn't have anybody else.

While most of us have family, many are left behind with nobody around at some age. Family members do die or move away for good and stop caring.

That being said, leaving an accident scene knowingly behind, even if its just a fender bender, should carry a 5 year driver license suspension for the first offense and having to pay 5 times the amount of the damages to the victim, as a fine. A second offense and the driver license is gone for good, plus 5 years mandatory jail with forced labor to pay for the stay.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

My condolences, Mrs. C. At least no one was hurt. That's what insurance is far, but that don't make it much better. :(

LOL.  We carry a $1000 deductible to make it affordable, so this is coming out of pocket.  At the same time the state is trying to steal $7500, the IRS is trying to steal $2600 (because the state lies to them), and it's going to cost $4000 for a lawyer to even attempt to fix this.  So... I'm looking at $15K, in a year after income dropped $25K cause of covid, and this year will be the same.  There's still $$ for all the normal bills, but this has gone beyond normal/predictable.  And I'm just really cranky today.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

LOL.  We carry a $1000 deductible to make it affordable, so this is coming out of pocket.  At the same time the state is trying to steal $7500, the IRS is trying to steal $2600 (because the state lies to them), and it's going to cost $4000 for a lawyer to even attempt to fix this.  So... I'm looking at $15K, in a year after income dropped $25K cause of covid, and this year will be the same.  There's still $$ for all the normal bills, but this has gone beyond normal/predictable.  And I'm just really cranky today.

I truly hope you folks get this ironed out.tom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1