A question for y’all

NPTim

Records indicate that fringe was first used on the flag as early as 1835. It was not until 1895 that it was officially added to the national flag for all regiments of the Army. For civilian use, fringe is not required as an integral part of the flag, nor can its use be said to constitute an unauthorized addition to the design prescribed by statute. It is considered that fringe is used as an honorable enrichment only. (Military tradition)

The courts have deemed without merit and frivolous, lawsuits that contend that the gold fringe adorning the flag conferred Admiralty/Maritime jurisdiction.

i spent a lot of time at DAVs and VFWs as a kid and the flags used there were the Flags Formally used on Bases in an Official Military Capacity.

Veteran`s Groups had the Honor of Maintaining those Standards, i don't know if its still that way.

• Like 3

My wife was listening to someone saying that the fringe noted admiralty law and had some bullshit meaning, a la sovereign citizen. :upeyes: :faint:
Oh well, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.
Hence my [emoji897]

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Historian said:

Oh, really!?   Law of the sea. 

That's a bit different.

A common misconception.

Technically, law of navigable waters. People would be astounded at what that includes.

Also, I think I took Aviation Law, also as an elective course. Can't really remember. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

A common misconception.

Technically, law of navigable waters. People would be astounded at what that includes.

Also, I think I took Aviation Law, also as an elective course. Can't really remember. ?

Thank you for the correction.     

Still, both sound interesting.

Should we call you Admiral Ricardo?

• Haha 1