A1 on a good steak?

Sparks

I hear ya all...I Hear ya.  Was a "Purist" for over 40 years, Still am. 

I do, however enjoy a bit of more Flavor now days...least once in awhile...after 40 odd years of "Purist".  Some Bearnaise sauce and shrooms once in awhile...and an Hour marinating  in "Yoshida" sauce.  Medium RARE.  Period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

I say hell no.  A good steak should be cooked no further than medium, and a1 or ketchup is not ok.  Who's with me?

811572356_RareSteak.jpg.291f6c4ca84d346582fd71952c8cb178.jpg

I like mine a little more cooked, but if it needs the sauce, it is not done correctly. LostWife always had a different opinion. She is an A1 addict.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NPTim said:

I’ll take the sauces on a hamburger, I use A1 to dip my fries in. I could drink a hodle of hollandaise sauce, straight from the container, if it is made right.

Yup.  Me too on the Hollandaise sauce.  :D I don't mind Heinz 57 once in awhile either...If it's on the Steak and Eggs at Waffle house.  And...My hash browns are "scattered, smothered and covered." 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Yup.  Me too on the Hollandaise sauce.  :D I don't mind Heinz 57 once in awhile either...If it's on the Steak and Eggs at Waffle house.  And...My hash browns are "scattered, smothered and covered." 

A Waffle House “steak” needs A1. I’ve have had only tried heinz 57 sauce a few times, it must have never took with me. I have been known to drink shots of Worcestershire sauce on occasion. When I lived in Thailand, dinner would often consist of dried squid, shots of Worcestershire sauce, and bread. Yes, I am a culinary heathen.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

.If it's on the Steak and Eggs at Waffle house. 

What is the deal with Waffle House coffee?   Maybe they never clean the pot because...it's never last long enough in the pot...but they have a darn good cup of coffee in that place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NPTim said:

A Waffle House “steak” needs A1. I’ve have had only tried heinz 57 sauce a few times, it must have never took with me. I have been known to drink shots of Worcestershire sauce on occasion. When I lived in Thailand, dinner would often consist of dried squid, shots of Worcestershire sauce, and bread. Yes, I am a culinary heathen.

Me too!!  If It tastes good...I'll go "heathen" in a heart beat. 

If I'm at Ruth Chris?  Rib eye...medium rare...to the rare side...yeah, Ok.  A side order of hollandaise sauce...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

What is the deal with Waffle House coffee?   Maybe they never clean the pot because...it's never last long enough in the pot...but they have a darn good cup of coffee in that place.

Coffee...Interesting subject. 

The ACTUAL subject is Caffeine. 

When ya get right down to it...Truth. 

Black...Milk and Sugar...Warm and nice in the morning...however ya like it...Caffeine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

A1 is the last in line of Sauces i`d put on a Good Steak.

Lea & Perrins makes a great Steak sauce that gets top billing.

i do like A1 on a Pork chop or Loin and Smashed Potato s and French fries

That stuff is really sweet. Too sweet.

Hinze 57 pre reformulated, if you are old enough to remember was very good. It is hot garbage now days. Another "New and Improved" that wasn't.

• Like 2

GOOD steak just needs salt, pepper, and a little butter. Medium rare and seared. Maybe some blue cheese crumbles on the side.

Longhorn and the like need something to make up for not putting enough pepper on it, and a dab of A1 does the job. 

I'm Facebook friends with an old GTer who is always posting pics of gorgeous steaks from his local butcher shop. The kinda steaks you're almost afraid to cook, because if you screw it up, there goes a Benjamin or two. 

I haven't had A1 since I was a child. I don't even recall what it tastes like.

In preparation, salt, pepper, maybe a little garlic powder.

Once prepared, a good steak needs nothing else.  A second rate steak will get some Worcestershire Sauce to wash it down.

• Like 1