I will be on the ice tomorrow...in this

Still some finishing touches, but I'll be in there, warm with the propane heater, drinking coffee, listening to music, reading the newspaper, and catching Derby winning Rainbows about a mile from the house. A quick snow machine ride, and it's game on. Derby starts tomorrow. 

Oh, and it will double as a greenhouse in a few months in the back yard.

• Like 1

A couple weeks ago I caught a Rainbow from the lake I'll be fishing, that would have had me on the money for the derby that starts tomorrow. It wasn't the largest one in the lake either. I feel confident. Especially since I can fish in comfort in any weather in the shelter. Let's get it on.

• Like 3

Damn thats nice Walt. I used to fish harding lake in the winter and head to birch as well. Never built nothing like your mobile hotel. Of course that was 30 years ago. Its a damn shame i dont get out doing that anymore.

• Like 1

It will take the chill off. We are experiencing negative temps right now. Nice and sunny, but darn cold at night. Will 'warm' up in a few days to more moderate temps. Maybe I should design an attachment I can add on after the shanty is set on the ice, that has a little wood stove in it. Oh YEAH.

5 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Wow!

is that lake stocked?

Not officially. I think the fish find a way through under a floating swamp that separates it from a lake that is stocked. Since this one doesn't have public access and not stocked, it gets almost no fishing effort. And it's right behind my house. The fish Jeff caught today will be at the top of the leader board for the Derby that started today if he enters it.

• Like 2

Was near zero this morning. Warmed up to 18 when I was dragging the shack to the lake, but likely colder on the lake due to elevation. But inside the shack out of the breeze with the sun shining through, we were sitting with no coats, gloves or hats. No heater going. Was quite nice. The shanty is awesome.

• Like 2