Priorities in life!

crockett

Living in S FL for many years, was a sailor (small to 36 foot) for many years (up North) ...somehow sitting on a beach baking your skin under the blazing sun...then visiting the dermatologist

makes absolutely no sense to me.... Seeing these OLD GUYS (I'm one) riding in their $$ convertibles bald, hatless is another dumb(?) idea....am I wrong?

When we do go for a "Sunday TOP DOWN Drive" Hats and sun block are used HEAVILY. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Living in S FL for many years, was a sailor (small to 36 foot) for many years (up North) ...somehow sitting on a beach baking your skin under the blazing sun...then visiting the dermatologist

makes absolutely no sense to me.... Seeing these OLD GUYS (I'm one) riding in their $$ convertibles bald, hatless is another dumb(?) idea....am I wrong?

When we do go for a "Sunday TOP DOWN Drive" Hats and sun block are used HEAVILY. 

Dumb is sitting at home and wasting your life online 

05A6C69D-6600-4ABD-8A5A-C9611D30BC2F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

Missouri rejected the helmet law for motorcycles recently. It's maybe 5% helmet. Never hear bikers bitch about sunburnt heads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

that hand has spent a lot of time swimming in the ocean!!!

Good eyes! I usually swim for 2 to 3 hours. I was almost the only one out swimming today. Bunch of people standing right at the water line when I arrived and being scared of the sight. The damn red tide out on the ocean steals the marine life oxygen while leaving toxins behind. That pushes everything that lives in the Gulf of Mexico right to the beaches. I was literally swimming WITH the fishes. At any given moment I could see a couple thousand around me, mostly 3 inch long greenbacks but also groupers, some other fish I don't know and even 4 feet long barracudas. All of them lethargic and slow, its sad to see, because the red tide gets amplified by Florida's waste and runoff water. Its full with nitrogen from fertilizers and that feeds the red tide algae bloom.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, crockett said:

05A6C69D-6600-4ABD-8A5A-C9611D30BC2F.jpeg

NOPE 

Not sitting around on the computer, busy doing my art work, making improvements around the house, (all kitchen cabinets are getting "pullout drawers") Rigging outside lighting, building some low retaining walls,  WOW so busy, also finding recipes and shopping for the ingredients, taking care of our 2 fur balls, range now and then  .......... 32 years of being retired, I have perfected the art.....

Not liking outside..to peopeley , don't really want to see or talk to anyone other than MrsDaka or my boys

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crockett said:

Actually, It's called Retirement.. at 74 sir.  You call it "wastin your life online"...Ok.  

I've been  around the world 4 times.  Don't even want to get into the "Places" I been, let alone the **** I've done in my life.  It's a god damn wonder I'm still alive. 

Understand bro...I've never done anything to make money that didn't have to do with the Physical strength and condition of my Body and the mental capacity to understand..."Gut feelings".   We all have our "talents" Crockett.  "Stocks" and a tough will in dealing with them are yours.  You should apply that mentality to how the other parts of your life are my friend.

I was at a party one time in Saudi, and a "management" brain MF and I were talkin.  He said, "ya know, you are truly the Salt of the Earth"

I just said, "Thanks man, preciate that, without guys like me..MF'ers like you wouldn't be able to sit in your offices, do nothing and wear all your fancy suites and ****".  AND...That's why I never got to be a "guy like him".:anim_lol:

At my age...I Found myself many years ago, and Know exactly who I am.  I don't need to "get away from it all", to get my **** together.  MY **** IS together.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAKA said:

NOPE 

Not sitting around on the computer, busy doing my art work, making improvements around the house, (all kitchen cabinets are getting "pullout drawers") Rigging outside lighting, building some low retaining walls,  WOW so busy, also finding recipes and shopping for the ingredients, taking care of our 2 fur balls, range now and then  .......... 32 years of being retired, I have perfected the art.....

Not liking outside..to peopeley , don't really want to see or talk to anyone other than MrsDaka or my boys

EXACTLY!  Good on you man.  Reminds me...Gotta pressure spray the driveway and clean that damn pool tomorrow....so...I CAN GET BACK ON THE computer!!!:anim_lol:

What sorta Art work ya do Daka? 

I use to do A LOT of Graphic arts.  Even sold a few of my "Creations".  I created a thread a long time ago about "Creations".  I'll have to look that up tomorrow, I'm on the laptop, and this old bear is barely runnin!!!:patriot:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Actually, It's called Retirement.. at 74 sir.  You call it "wastin your life online"...Ok.  

I've been  around the world 4 times.  Don't even want to get into the "Places" I been, let alone the **** I've done in my life.  It's a god damn wonder I'm still alive. 

Understand bro...I've never done anything to make money that didn't have to do with the Physical strength and condition of my Body and the mental capacity to understand..."Gut feelings".   We all have our "talents" Crockett.  "Stocks" and a tough will in dealing with them are yours.  You should apply that mentality to how the other parts of your life are my friend.

I was at a party one time in Saudi, and a "management" brain MF and I were talkin.  He said, "ya know, you are truly the Salt of the Earth"

I just said, "Thanks man, preciate that, without guys like me..MF'ers like you wouldn't be able to sit in your offices, do nothing and wear all your fancy suites and ****".  AND...That's why I never got to be a "guy like him".:anim_lol:

At my age...I Found myself many years ago, and Know exactly who I am.  I don't need to "get away from it all", to get my **** together.  MY **** IS together.   

Have you ever talked to those that live healthy and happy to high age? And by that I mean people that went beyond 80 years. All of them have one thing in common. They stay active. Being active means using your body and your mind to create, to work, to be outside, to keep traveling, keep learning.

Those going INTO retirement and slowing down, often start dealing with health issues, and often die much earlier.

Your body and your mind knows when its not being used anymore. Once it loses purpose, you are truly rolling down the hill fast.

I heard you saying things like "the few years I may have left" more than once. That perspective alone is bad news for yourself.

Now Daka is older, I'll let that slide lol, but you, my friend, you need to get something new started. And don't come with "I've been around the world". I have lived outside the US for over 30 years in different countries, that's no excuse to sit at home 23/7.

36 minutes ago, crockett said:

Have you ever talked to those that live healthy and happy to high age? And by that I mean people that went beyond 80 years. All of them have one thing in common. They stay active. Being active means using your body and your mind to create, to work, to be outside, to keep traveling, keep learning.

Those going INTO retirement and slowing down, often start dealing with health issues, and often die much earlier.

Your body and your mind knows when its not being used anymore. Once it loses purpose, you are truly rolling down the hill fast.

I heard you saying things like "the few years I may have left" more than once. That perspective alone is bad news for yourself.

Now Daka is older, I'll let that slide lol, but you, my friend, you need to get something new started. And don't come with "I've been around the world". I have lived outside the US over 30 years in different countries, that's no excuse to sit at home 23/7.

You still haven't said how "old" YOU are.  I'm thinkin mid 50's.  Just a youngin.  So...How old are ya Crockett??

So...All of a sudden, after all the bad **** you supposidly did in your life...NOW you have an "epiphany" on life.:anim_lol:

"I heard you saying things like "the few years I may have left" more than once." 

Truth dude.  I've had more **** cut out of me, and PUT into me..., not EVEN including skin cancer...that's just a given every 6 months or so.  "Let's go cut some **** off again."  It just is what it is.  And...THAT's why...I've got my **** together bro. 

I get Angry, and fight ****!!  I don't need to "Take a fuckin mental Break and chill from all the "mental assault" I can't deal with".  Sorry.  Not to offend you, but I just deal with what life throws at me man.  Suck it up and MOVE the **** on.

Ever had a "Triple A"?  Even know what it is??

Got one of those. Look that bitch up. that was fun as ****.  Caroted Artery surgery, yup.  Possibly another one too. 

Cancer?  Yup...beat Vocal cord cancer 7 years ago...50 days of Radiation. 

AND...possible lung cancer comin up. 

Had em take out my Gall bladder just cause it was pissin me off all the time.  Yea bro...I may only have a few years left.  BUT, I've lived more in my life than you ever have..  AND If I'm goin out...Like my whole life...It's gonna be one **** of a fight!!

So Please...don't feel sorry for me man.  I got pressure sprayin to do tomorrow a Pool to Clean...so I can run back inside and be "Dumb, sittin at home and wasting my life online".:patriot:

And. BTW...**** "Healthy". I did that **** with Adkins 40 years ago....  I had Pizza tonight AND a MESS of Fried Clams...with 3 Vodkas.:D

Enjoy your $500 Lego....We all gotta do what we gotta do sir....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Suck it up and MOVE the **** on.

That is 100% my point. You do not move on. Otherwise you wouldn't be mad at the world and keep repeating the same hatred and anger.

So...All of a sudden, after all the bad **** you supposidly did in your life...NOW you have an "epiphany" on life.:anim_lol:

You need to pay more attention. I retired early 8 years ago. That's when I change my entire lifestyle. Not "now".

BUT, I've lived more in my life than you ever have..

No chance buddy.

1 minute ago, crockett said:

That is 100% my point. You do not move on. Otherwise you wouldn't be mad at the world and keep repeating the same hatred and anger.

You need to pay more attention. I retired early 8 years ago. That's when I change my entire lifestyle. Now "now".

No chance buddy.

So...how old are ya bud?  Why won't ya say?

Retired 8 years ago...I retired 23 years ago.  So What.  Build your Lego toys, go to the beach in your van..."Tune Out" of life.  Enjoy Bro!!  Seriously.:anim_lol:

24 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

So...how old are ya bud?  Why won't ya say?

Retired 8 years ago...I retired 23 years ago.  So What.  Build your Lego toys, go to the beach in your van..."Tune Out" of life.  Enjoy Bro!!  Seriously.:anim_lol:

Tune out?

Here a list of things I do actively these days:

- day trading (not for the money but the challenge)

- run and mentor a trading group with 119 active members

- always a project like the camper conversion

- while I retired from operations, I still do the financial controlling of my company. A company with offices, warehouses and a manufacturing plant in 3 countries, on 3 continents.

- I build electronics projects in my e-lab, for fun

- I have a reloading room full with stuff worth a new Vette and the matching knowledge in ballistics

- I repair and service everything in and around my house, incl HVAC, vehicles, power, pluming, etc

- Just bought a nice welder, getting into alu TIG welding, just because I can

- Just bought an industrial sewing machine so that I can learn how to create my own holsters, wallets, etc

- I run an extensive server rack in my house, with over 100 hardware devices connected to it

- When I want to tune out, I order another book on yet another programming language

What you got? I mean other than cleaning the pool once in a wile and spamming the forum with some random ass photos from google?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, crockett said:

Tune out?

Here a list of things I do actively these days:

- day trading (not for the money but the challenge)

- run and mentor a trading group with 119 active members

- always a project like the camper conversion

- while I retired from operations, I still do the financial controlling of my company. A company with offices, warehouses and a manufacturing plant in 3 countries, on 3 continents.

- I build electronics projects in my e-lab, for fun

- I have a reloading room full with stuff worth a new Vette and the matching knowledge in ballistics

- I repair and service everything in and around my house, incl HVAC, vehicles, power, pluming, etc

- Just bought a nice welder, getting into alu TIG welding, just because I can

- Just bought an industrial sewing machine so that I can learn how to create my own holsters, wallets, etc

- I run an extensive server rack in my house, with over 100 hardware devices connected to it

- When I want to tune out, I order another book on yet another programming language

What you got? I mean other than cleaning the pool once in a wile and spamming the forum with some random ass photos from google?

I think I'll have a Coke...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DAKA said:

NOPE 

I want all my kitchen cabinets to have pullouts.  I thought about having it done when the house was built ( I SHOULD have had them do it then, but I didn't want the cost in the mortgage, since I'd be paying for it more than once that way).  Mr. C kept giving me excuses fort not doing it - the REAL reason is that he doesn't have the time, and has too many other projects around here to add one more... so I bought ONE pull-out unit for my pantry that I'm going to try installing myself after I get everything in the garden and the hoop house harvested and canned/frozen/whatever eaten.  If it works, I'll buy the rest and that will be my major house project (outside painting the living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway) this winter.  And someone should slap me upside the head if I think to add one more thing to do to my list for the next 6 months...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I want all my kitchen cabinets to have pullouts.  I thought about having it done when the house was built ( I SHOULD have had them do it then, but I didn't want the cost in the mortgage, since I'd be paying for it more than once that way).  Mr. C kept giving me excuses fort not doing it - the REAL reason is that he doesn't have the time, and has too many other projects around here to add one more... so I bought ONE pull-out unit for my pantry that I'm going to try installing myself after I get everything in the garden and the hoop house harvested and canned/frozen/whatever eaten.  If it works, I'll buy the rest and that will be my major house project (outside painting the living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway) this winter.  And someone should slap me upside the head if I think to add one more thing to do to my list for the next 6 months...

Had to pull it up on Google.

If that's the idea, I'd remove the doors and make proper drawers with front panels. Having to open doors AND pulling out drawers isn't exactly an improvement in my book.

And talking about it, I think its time to hang pots and pans somewhere under the ceiling.

Rolling Shelves - DIY Pullout Shelf Kit 22"

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, crockett said:

Had to pull it up on Google.

If that's the idea, I'd remove the doors and make proper drawers with front panels. Having to open doors AND pulling out drawers isn't exactly an improvement in my book.

And talking about it, I think its time to hang pots and pans somewhere under the ceiling.

Rolling Shelves - DIY Pullout Shelf Kit 22"

It's a "project" alright...Whoever did the one above should have removed the "center" and made new "drawers" too much space wasted, also use full extension slides....

• Like 2