Priorities in life!

crockett

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Day tradin on the Beach.  What a Life!!!:greensupergrin:

Small cap gappers are slow, hence unpredictable these days, so I'm on a break until volatility is back.

It just me and the breach.

And those roaches... aka tourist.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, crockett said:

Small cap gappers are slow, hence unpredictable these days, so I'm on a break until volatility is back.

It just me and the breach.

And those roaches... aka tourist.

Ever cast a line, while out there?  Damn I miss Snook Fishin.  Damn...I miss SNOOK!!! 

Every once in awhile, when I'm over in Sebastain for a week...I'll put in on order at my local sea food place...  3 lbs of Fresh Triple tail and some Grouper. Just can't buy Snook.  

I Remember back in the 70's...goin down to the spillway...snook fishin.   Take home 3-4, 6 pounders...Nowdays, you're lucky to catch a "Keeper" Snook...once a year.  And...ya gotta have "Snook Stamp"...

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

Ever cast a line, while out there?  Damn I miss Snook Fishin.  Damn...I miss SNOOK!!! 

Every once in awhile, when I'm over in Sebastain for a week...I'll put in on order at my local sea food place...  3 lbs of Fresh Triple tail and some Grouper. Just can't buy Snook.  

I Remember back in the 70's...goin down to the spillway...snook fishin.   Take home 3-4, 6 pounders...Nowdays, you're lucky to catch a "Keeper" Snook...once a year.  And...ya gotta have "Snook Stamp"...

I'm no hunter and I don't fish, unless we end up in a SHTF situation. I'm also not much of a seafood lover. Would like fresh blue fin tuna regularly but that ain't gonna happen around here. Once in a while I eat a crab cake, some salmon or mahi mahi.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, crockett said:

I'm no hunter and I don't fish, unless we end up in a SHTF situation. I'm also not much of a seafood lover. Would like fresh blue fin tuna regularly but that ain't gonna happen around here. Once in a while I eat a crab cake, some salmon or mahi mahi.

That's where that... "From another mother thing" comes in.  If it's in water...I'll eat it. Born in Maine.

Ya need to try some Sea Pac battered shrimp...just bake em some night.   Their Cod too. Publix...Sam's...etc...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

My son wants this one. I think he has pre ordered it. 9090 pieces. 

6E6262DF-5CB9-4368-BDA2-B6FAC63190ED.jpeg

Crazy, I didn't even know about this announcement.

I'll have to think about that set. I'm running out of room. At this point I "only" collect all construction sets worth 200 plus, all sports cars worth 300 plus, all modular expert builder sets worth 170 plus, all recent train sets, and a bunch of Lego city. The train and city sets only come out around xmas, the rest is on permanent display. There's Loges sets in every room of my house, not counting bathrooms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

O M G I had no idea that LEGO had gone past the boxes of assorted pieces that my kids made into "stuff" (like 60 years ago)...BOY AM I OLD   AND OUT OF TOUCH

Yup.  Me too.  First time I  saw Crockets post on that D11 and him wantin it, I just kinna blew it off.  Then I saw the PRICE!!!  Truth be known, I ain't smart enough to put it together!!  AND...I'd buy that SCCY with a Red dot for $345 before I'd buy that thing.  At least If It didn't work that well, I could salvage the Red Dot!!!:anim_lol:

I use to build Model Cars and Trucks when I was a kid, Paint em, Cut doors open with an exacto knife and a zippo lighter, upholster the interior...can't even count how many Model Car contest I won.  Had all kinds of Trophys back in the early 60's.  They actually banned one of my trucks, a 32 candy apple Ford from competitions cause It had won like 5 contests.  THAT lego ****'s out of my league though!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Never had any of that stuff growing up. I had dirt, rocks and sticks. Go down to the creek and catch things by hand or using a hook.

I enjoyed my childhood!

I did the same when I was young because I couldn't afford those Lego sets. Now I'm catching up and enjoy living like a kid again.

The other day I bought a remote controlled dune buggy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL.  I still get my 50 year old brother a Lego set for Xmas every year.  Nothing as fancy as that CAT though.   During the Covidiocy when he started working from home, I sent him a care package with a couple little bitty Lego sets in it for "stress relief."  Cracked us both up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

LOL.  I still get my 50 year old brother a Lego set for Xmas every year.  Nothing as fancy as that CAT though.   During the Covidiocy when he started working from home, I sent him a care package with a couple little bitty Lego sets in it for "stress relief."  Cracked us both up.

It really works. Building these sets, even the big ones, doesn't take any concentration when you have done this for a while. Its super relaxing. Much like a puzzle, but you find the next piece right away. Instant gratification without any harm.

• Like 3