Ft. Bliss

willie-pete

17 hours ago, willie-pete said:

Not the sharpest tools in the shed.

17 hours ago, Dric902 said:

The soldiers drank a substance during a field training exercise "thinking they were drinking an alcoholic beverage,"

Well, they were right about that part.

• Like 2

Youngsters trying to get their drink on. Very, very normal. 

Just read how US troops liberated European towns and stripped them bare of all alcohol during WWII.

Photos of American troops smoking, drinking at Hitler's private residence  after World War II - Business Insider

If I was General M&P15T, I'd let the whole situation go. 

Edited by M&P15T
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

Youngsters trying to get their drink on. Very, very normal. 

Just read how US troops liberated European towns and stripped them bare of all alcohol during WWII.

Photos of American troops smoking, drinking at Hitler's private residence  after World War II - Business Insider

If I was General M&P15T, I'd let the whole situation go. 

I can see it in the enlisted guys; not the NCO's and the Warrant.

They are going to lose the most; they know better.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, willie-pete said:

I can see it in the enlisted guys; not the NCO's and the Warrant.

They are going to lose the most; they know better.

Oh hell......you know of a certain Captain Lewis Nixon III from Easy Co. of the 506st PIR? And Colonel Robert Sink who commanded the 506th, and they called "Bourbon Bob"??

Look, people are just too friggin' up-tight now. Things that were o.k. not too long ago, are now Big Deals because of uptight morons who think they need to judge everyone's actions. Some Soldiers got drunk and sick? KP for a month. Move on.

Remember when the Hoff was videoed by his daughter drunk as a skunk on his kitchen floor, grubbing on a cheeseburger? Dude was doing what HE wanted, in his own damned home, and his uptight daughter decided she needed to YouTube shame the Hoff. 

People need to F-off and stop with all this bullshit. No one is perfect, and just because the story is in the media doesn't make it a situation where the hammer needs to drop.

• Thanks 1

In your military career, you can't tell me that you never heard of a situation where the commander of a unit got busted for something his troops did.

I certainly did in my 24 year career.

Funniest one was where the commander said he could neither confirm nor deny there was a nuke loaded on the missile, but he could say it was a " real crowd-killer ".

Turns out he couldn't say that.

:anim_rofl2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M&P15T said:

Oh hell......you know of a certain Captain Lewis Nixon III from Easy Co. of the 506st PIR? And Colonel Robert Sink who commanded the 506th, and they called "Bourbon Bob"??

Look, people are just too friggin' up-tight now. Things that were o.k. not too long ago, are now Big Deals because of uptight morons who think they need to judge everyone's actions. Some Soldiers got drunk and sick? KP for a month. Move on.

Remember when the Hoff was videoed by his daughter drunk as a skunk on his kitchen floor, grubbing on a cheeseburger? Dude was doing what HE wanted, in his own damned home, and his uptight daughter decided she needed to YouTube shame the Hoff. 

People need to F-off and stop with all this bull****. No one is perfect, and just because the story is in the media doesn't make it a situation where the hammer needs to drop.

Dude......step away from your computer, take a walk, hate and rage.

• Like 1

Rudyard Kipling "got it."

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;

We expect them to be soldiers, not priests. and a bit of hell-raising and drinking goes with being a soldier,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1