Ruger PC9 & PC40 idea

jmohme

I have been looking at these since they were first released. I kind of want one, but besides being butt ugly, they are too heavy and I just cant think of a good reason for a carbine in pistol calibers, especially with the prices of 9mm these days.

But what if Ruger would come out with a PC Carbine dressed in wood? I think I would be all over that, especially if it was done something like this.

PCGarand.jpg.621dc67be5b1356e05bce219162441bd.jpg

I really think this would sell well.

• Like 1

I like it a lot better than the regular Ruger PC carbine, and it looks Military rather than "Tacti-cool". bBut I've never been interested in a 9mm carbine and would much prefer one in 45 ACP especially now that 9mm is expensive and hard to find.

But I have the perfect solution. Now that Ruger owns Marlin, bring back the camp 9 and the camp 45! Then just adapt them to use Glock and Ruger magazines. They were nicer looking guns anyway.

1marlin_1.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 10:35 PM, Borg warner said:

I like it a lot better than the regular Ruger PC carbine, and it looks Military rather than "Tacti-cool". bBut I've never been interested in a 9mm carbine and would much prefer one in 45 ACP especially now that 9mm is expensive and hard to find.

But I have the perfect solution. Now that Ruger owns Marlin, bring back the camp 9 and the camp 45! Then just adapt them to use Glock and Ruger magazines. They were nicer looking guns anyway.

1marlin_1.jpg

I could go with one of these in .45 ACP.  Dave..

• 4 weeks later...

A few years back I ended up buying a Mini-14 for my wife and replacing the stock with wood. She wanted something that didn’t look like a scary black tactical rifle.

I looked hard for a 9mm carbine in wood, didn’t find anything. I think she’d do better shooting that than the 5.56, and magazines won’t swap between her Mini-14 and my AR.

Ah well. It is a pretty rifle at least.

2945C0F6-6F10-4F69-A1CF-597EA223E03D.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...