Crockett's Food Emporium

crockett

23 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Al's Valentine menu:

Mexican shrimp cocktail

Crab, avocado Caesar salad

Prime fillets topped with crab and red chile hollandaise

Hasselback potatoes with green chiles (rajas)

Garlicky balsamic snap peas

Bubbles/wine

Chocolate truffles

Got no reason for a Valentine menu, and its better this way, so I won't be doing anything special today.

Maybe there's some time for a couple photos, if you don't mind. I really appreciate your passion for cooking and the results!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crockett said:

Got no reason for a Valentine menu, and its better this way, so I won't be doing anything special today.

Maybe there's some time for a couple photos, if you don't mind. I really appreciate your passion for cooking and the results!

We had a surprise dinner guest that doesn't eat beef, so I had to call an audible with some salmon from the freezer and didn't get any pictures.  But, by all accounts it was fantastic.  The red chile hollandaise was a big hit.

I also hit Costco last week and bought some of the Argentine Reds you suggested.  They were darn good for frozen skrimps.  Good texture and flavor, no funk.  I'd buy them again.

• Like 1

I had a big pork butt that I didn't want to cook on the smoker today.  So, I broke it down, and made some Cochinita Pibil (although I spiced it up with some guajillo, ancho, and African pequin chiles) for taco Tuesday (with some tomatillo, jalapeño, chiltepin salsa, pickled onions, and cotija), a pot of pork green chile,  ground the rest for some SW pork egg rolls with creamy avocado dipping sauce, and some spicy pork sausage for breakfast tomorrow.

I think I'll repurpose the Pibil and jus into some posole for tomorrow night.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, Al Czervik said:

IMG_4752.JPG.71c64cd020f07936085174275ce1f59e.JPG

I had a bunch of leftover crab, so I made Thai crab cakes with the bomb nuoc cham, and some other goodies.  I'll post a recipe if anyone wants it.

IMG_4755.JPG.b47333d95b040c7cee670776a63ead7d.JPG

Oh man! That's exactly my world. I need to find me some quality crab legs this week!

Great presentation!

For a salmon dish. After they are done I add ginger and make a bed of onion in an iron pot. Top with salmon and a teriyaki sesame glaze and bake. A lady in my congregation is on bed rest until the baby is born. Everyone is helping with meals but I’m sure they are sick of casseroles and pasta.

• Like 2

Well this is a fun thread. Props to you master chefs.

I'm a fan of fire and smoke and meat, but like to try all kinds of things. Like Crockett, my mom wasn't much of a cook growing up and one day I discovered a show called Good Eats, and I saw the light.

The Kamado has been endless fun

i-F9SPKB6-XL.jpg

i-Z5KZXw8-XL.jpg

i-Dp6TLLS-XL.jpg

i-Dp6TLLS-XL.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1