Crockett's Food Emporium

crockett

11 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Chicken Breast?  Wife made her "world famous" enchalada's tonight!!   Damnit...Didn't take a picture...

Chicken marinated in Curry Masala, seared in a pan, added some red onion slices, finished with heavy cream and sour cream 50:50. Salt and pepper. Almost like Thai red curry, but over pasta.

This stuff is awesome!

Curry Masala - authentic Indian curry powder, 1 jar

http://cinnabarfoods.com/wholesale.html

16 minutes ago, crockett said:

Chicken marinated in Curry Masala, seared in a pan, added some red onion slices, finished with heavy cream and sour cream 50:50. Salt and pepper. Almost like Thai red curry, but over pasta.

This stuff is awesome!

Curry Masala - authentic Indian curry powder, 1 jaruran

http://cinnabarfoods.com/wholesale.html

You need to open a Restaurant my man!!!  Seriously.  Where do you even get the Ideas for this stuff?

22 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

You need to open a Restaurant my man!!!  Seriously.  Where do you even get the Ideas for this stuff?

I thought about opening a restaurant back in Miami and even had a business plan written down in all detail. It's not worth it. Huge overhead, you only make money as long as your place is hip, and your profit is limited by space, hence no chance to expand easily. Liquor licenses are hard to get and expensive. License violations can easily kill your business, etc.

In order to make a proper income, you have to find something that is completely scalable, and mostly independent from man-hours. Every profit in the service sector relates to the amount of man hours you can invest. That's a bad business model to begin with.

It's much wiser to start a wholesale business for example. A lot easier to grow and automate.

I get my cooking ideas from my learned intuition. After so many years of cooking and testing, you simply know what to put together, and how, in order to get the result you had planned. I don't have to taste any of my recipes. Not even new ones. I know based on experiences and intuition how it will taste. I never write down my recipes because I alter them all the time, based on what I want.

Spending a ton of time in France really helped me to develop an independent mind when it comes to cooking.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, crockett said:

I thought about opening a restaurant back in Miami and even had a business plan written down in all detail. It's not worth it. Huge overhead, you only make money as long as your place is hip, and your profit is limited by space, hence no chance to expand easily. Liquor licenses are hard to get and expensive. License violations can easily kill your business, etc.

In order to make a proper income, you have to find something that is completely scalable, and mostly independent from man-hours. Every profit in the service sector relates to the amount of man hours you can invest. That's a bad business model to begin with.

It's much wiser to start a wholesale business for example. A lot easier to grow and automate.

I get my cooking ideas from my learned intuition. After so many years of cooking and testing, you simply know what to put together, and how, in order to get the result you had planned. I don't have to taste any of my recipes. Not even new ones. I know based on experiences and intuition how it will taste. I never write down my recipes because I alter them all the time, based on what I want.

Spending a ton of time in France really helped me to develop an independent mind when it comes to cooking.

You REALLY need to do something with this talent sir.

32 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

You REALLY need to do something with this talent sir.

Talking about talent. My true talent is not cooking, its my level of intuition. When I retried at age 40 I thought that this would be the greatest thing on earth. But when you stop using your mind and your body, your health starts to deteriorate. So I sat down for a while, and figured out what my strengths and weaknesses are. A friend of mine used to be a coach for athletes and top level managers. He is a PhD, ran his own clinic, authored books and taught at colleges, the whole nine yards. He did an MBTI test on me and the result was super clear. My strongest personality indicator is the high level of my intuition.

In laymen's terms, my mind is always processing data, in huge amounts, nonstop. Just an example: the average amount I read, online, books, audio books, in forums and chats, you name it, comes down to about 4 books worth 500 pages, a week. Every week. When I don't feed my brain, I get depressed.

One reason why I'm so ""outspoken"" and obnoxious in the eyes of others is the fact that I have to say and contribute something to every single topic there is. No chance for me to control this.

Long story short, I got back into day trading, not because I need the money, I just need a pastime that lets me absorb and process an endless stream of data. And day trading high momentum stocks requires just that.

I think I posted this a while back. This is what I'm staring at every single market day. I trade up to 4 fast moving stocks, at the same time, while watching the tape, level 2, 2 time frames, volume, 4 scanners and the active matrix, also at the same time.

As stupid as this may look, this is my "talent" and what keeps me sane. Dealing with customers in a restaurant is not part of my strengths. At all. I'd go nuts in 2 weeks. :D

unknown.png

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, crockett said:

As stupid as this may look, this is my "talent" and what keeps me sane. Dealing with customers in a restaurant is not part of my strengths. At all. I'd go nuts in 2 weeks. :D

Doesn't sound stupid at all.   Sounds realistic. 

One of my older ham radio buddies describes our hobby as the anti-alzheimer's hobby as we're always learning new things.  I have learned volumes over the years in this hobby.

I also read as many as 30 history books a year.  Although, the last book i started was one that was going to take a while at 1,700 pages.  To me reading is one of life's greatest pleasures.

For work, I keep finding courses online to take to further my education in management and IT (law enforcement has moved in the direction of data management).  One of the most recent classes was from MasterClass and it was on negotiations and taught by a former FBI hostage negotiator.   Good stuff.

You have to find something that works for you otherwise you might as well be an egg plant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Historian said:

Doesn't sound stupid at all.   Sounds realistic. 

One of my older ham radio buddies describes our hobby as the anti-alzheimer's hobby as we're always learning new things.  I have learned volumes over the years in this hobby.

I also read as many as 30 history books a year.  Although, the last book i started was one that was going to take a while at 1,700 pages.  To me reading is one of life's greatest pleasures.

For work, I keep finding courses online to take to further my education in management and IT (law enforcement has moved in the direction of data management).  One of the most recent classes was from MasterClass and it was on negotiations and taught by a former FBI hostage negotiator.   Good stuff.

You have to find something that works for you otherwise you might as well be an egg plant.

I'd love to take that class. Psychology is one of my passions. Every phone call with my PhD friend lasts at least 2 hours (and we talk every other day!), all around certain topics like conscious and unconscious decision-making, applied behavior analysis, intellectual functions, basically personal growth from all sides. Frequently I have to make sure that I don't get too deep into this rabbit hole. Understanding the motivations of humans combined with said intuition, in this case being able to read people very well if I dare to look closely enough, is a very dark alley. I find a crack in every eggshell.

IMG_4737.jpg.c8ef9e9f87d2017752881f5288666cc4.jpg

The daughter made some sesame seared tuna steaks over arugula, cucumber, and carrot salad dressed with miso ginger dressing, served with ginger, scallion, cilantro, garlic, and sesame oil spiced basmati, and steamed broccoli.  She hit the top with some fried red onion, pepper threads, eel sauce, and some gochujang butter.  Dad approves.

• Like 1

I didn't take any pics, but I made some killer lamb shanks in a highly reduced jus tonight with crispy Jerusalem artichokes in a balsamic glaze, and sautéed rainbow chard from the garden.  This was preceded by a shaved fennel, celery, honey crisp apple salad with orange supremes, pistachios, fresh thyme, parmesan ribbons, and an orange, lemon vinaigrette.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

IMG_4737.jpg.c8ef9e9f87d2017752881f5288666cc4.jpg

The daughter made some sesame seared tuna steaks over arugula, cucumber, and carrot salad dressed with miso ginger dressing, served with ginger, scallion, cilantro, garlic, and sesame oil spiced basmati, and steamed broccoli.  She hit the top with some fried red onion, pepper threads, eel sauce, and some gochujang butter.  Dad approves.

Ha! I approve as well. That looks and sounds awesome! Exactly my alley!

20210131_132740.jpg

Some advanced Cesar style salad with Campari tomatoes, romaine lettuce, avocado, boiled eggs and red onion.

Dressing consists out of Spanish cold pressed virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, French Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano.

Edited by crockett

Was wonderin what you're eatin tonight.  My wife cooked her "Medditarian Tacos" tonight.  Leftover MR Steak Fillet,  on a  Costco's Taco shell...toasted in the pan with oil...just a bit.  Raw Red oinions, Gargonzola Cheese, Dribbled with Yoshida sauce.  Put that puppy in the Micro for 15-20 secs...Just WOW!

Of course, add all the lettace, tomato and whatever... as ya like!!!:D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Was wonderin what you're eatin tonight.  My wife cooked her "Medditarian Tacos" tonight.  Leftover MR Steak Fillet,  on a  Costco's Taco shell...toasted in the pan with oil...just a bit.  Raw Red oinions, Gargonzola Cheese, Dribbled with Yoshida sauce.  Put that puppy in the Micro for 15-20 secs...Just WOW!

Of course, add all the lettace, tomato and whatever... as ya like!!!:D

I'm a mess this week. Had left over chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch, and no dinner. I need to up my game.

Here a staple of mine... prime filet in a French cut with 3 sauces...

Img-0194.jpg

• Like 1