Happy National Florida Day

willie-pete

48 minutes ago, crockett said:

I refuse to give the correct answer on this one!

Invites too many of those up North geezers with their left wing illusions.

What about us up north geezers with a right wing propensity?  I'm looking to retire in 2 years (or maybe sooner).  My original choice was Georgia, but now that's changed since it flipped blue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, minderasr said:

What about us up north geezers with a right wing propensity?  I'm looking to retire in 2 years (or maybe sooner).  My original choice was Georgia, but now that's changed since it flipped blue.

There is a reason no one retires in the north...  If you grew up there why not stay????

53 minutes ago, minderasr said:

We need Rep votes desperately.

That being said, Miami metro, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tallahassee are all growing left wing landfills. I fear at some point Florida will follow other left wing coastal states. For now we do have a strong Rep governor. If he gets voted out, it will be due to 100% voter manipulation only.

If you go by political leanings, Wyoming and Alaska should be the last ones to fall. Both get too could for my liking.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, willie-pete said:

How much do you know about the great state of Florida?

Did you know Florida produces 25% of the world's supply of ____?
www.clickorlando.com www.clickorlando.com

" In honor of National Florida Day, Jan. 25, throw on some shades, relax under a palm tree and try this quiz to test your knowledge. "

I got 9/10 and I'm born and raised.

fltest.PNG.413ef748235b85c539c94d77970aacd9.PNG

I don't know jack **** about Florida but I've never been there. Not surprising that I only got two answers right. I never knew that Jacksonville had the highest population. I have friends who live near there in the suburb of Middleburg and would like to go there someday, preferably in the winter.

2 hours ago, crockett said:

That being said, Miami metro, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tallahassee are all growing left wing landfills. I fear at some point Florida will follow other left wing coastal states. For now we do have a strong Rep governor. If he gets voted out, it will be due to 100% voter manipulation only.

If you go by political leanings, Wyoming and Alaska should be the last ones to fall. Both get too could for my liking.

Alaska has a growing "North Seattle" feel to it. The fruitcakes are taking hold up there, en masse. Wyoming it is. There's enough room there to have some standoff distance if needed, and room to have some hogs far enough away to not smell them while they dispose of any trespassers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, minderasr said:

You might be OK, but do you have friends and relatives who might come down for a visit and stay?

Think reverse Beverly Hillbillies.

5 hours ago, minderasr said:

I imagine FL will go blue before long also.

4 hours ago, Historian said:

Actually.  I want to move as far North as i can.

I would maybe like it several months a year...   We actually have land in SD and it is either beautiful with crops or white...   I prefer the crop months.  :)

6 hours ago, minderasr said:

I live in NW GA, in the country. It's still very conservative here. The metro counties are all turning Dim, though, and they outbreed us. It also appears they can program the vote, so it looks like we Americans in GA are in the same boat as those Americans in CA.

On 1/26/2021 at 1:46 PM, GT4494 said:

There is a reason no one retires in the north...  If you grew up there why not stay????

I've been dreaming of escape all of my life.  But my job and family are here in NY (for the most part).  Now that I have the opportunity to leave, I want out...pronto.

On 1/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, crockett said:

That I will bring.  I've been voting Conservative my entire life.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:45 PM, ChuteTheMall said:

You might be OK, but do you have friends and relatives who might come down for a visit and stay?

Think reverse Beverly Hillbillies.

I have family in the Ponte Vedra Beach area.  Also solid Republicans.  I also have family in south FL, but lost touch with them years ago.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:20 PM, willie-pete said:

I imagine FL will go blue before long also.

God I hope not!

On 1/26/2021 at 7:15 PM, gwalchmai said:

I live in NW GA, in the country. It's still very conservative here. The metro counties are all turning Dim, though, and they outbreed us. It also appears they can program the vote, so it looks like we Americans in GA are in the same boat as those Americans in CA.

The same problem we have in New York.  Big city areas solidly blue (NYC, Buffalo, Albany for example), but the rest of the state is bright red.  We need to wrestle control of the schools from the commie indoctrinating SOBs if we're going to turn this country around.

• Like 1