At the Hospital yesterday

Went in to do an MRI. Of course masks and social distancing is required, along with all the covid questions. I get to the waiting room and there are 2 people already there. A guy and a gal. The dude has his mask pilled down below his nose. So does the female. She pulls the mask down to her chin, picks her nose. Then digs in her ear. Mask down again and wiping her mouth. She was a petite looking thing but was wearing what looked like size 12 flip flops. I'm losing what little faith I have left in humanity.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

I took my dog to the Vet yesterday, for a regular doggy checkup visit. Of course I wear a mask, socially distance, etc.

The desk clerk/nurse runs me through a series of invasive questions to determine if I have ever even remotely come into contact with covid. I explain I am a first responder and I've had a gazillion contacts with covid, but I usually wear more protective gear than Darth Vader. 

They almost refused to see my dog over my response. I am also losing what little faith in humanity I had left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I took my dog to the Vet yesterday, for a regular doggy checkup visit. Of course I wear a mask, socially distance, etc.

The desk clerk/nurse runs me through a series of invasive questions to determine if I have ever even remotely come into contact with covid. I explain I am a first responder and I've had a gazillion contacts with covid, but I usually wear more protective gear than Darth Vader. 

They almost refused to see my dog over my response. I am also losing what little faith in humanity I had left.

What state?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Went in to do an MRI. Of course masks and social distancing is required, along with all the covid questions. I get to the waiting room and there are 2 people already there. A guy and a gal. The dude has his mask pilled down below his nose. So does the female. She pulls the mask down to her chin, picks her nose. Then digs in her ear. Mask down again and wiping her mouth. She was a petite looking thing but was wearing what looked like size 12 flip flops. I'm losing what little faith I have left in humanity.

Touching your mask on the outside followed by putting your fingers in your face is an indicator for an IQ below 80 in my book. Borderline retarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also I was filling out my paperwork and didn't have my phone. These other 2 bozos had their phones in their face. I asked several times if either of them could tell me the date. They either ignored me, or were so unaware of anything other than their screens (and noses) that neither one even glanced up. I guessed at the date. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

When I'm answering customer questionnaires for on-site access, I usually end up mentioning, to be honest,  that I've been through ATL airport ten times in the last month.

They always say something, like "But you don't know if anyone actually had it?"

"No."

In like Flynn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

“I can’t remember.” “I don’t recall.” Worked for the Clinton’s, why not for us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric said:

I was at the VA Tuesday. The watchdog at the entrance asked me if I was experiencing any symptoms. I said, “Of what?” She was not amused. 

Oh my goodness! (I'm substituting nice words). I've had the exact same experience. I was transporting a nice lady that was the personification of the exorcist, as in crazy and dangerous as hell...and the hospital tied me up with covid BS.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Honest to god dude...