Have you filled your Bigfoot tag?

Silentpoet

https://www.ky3.com/2021/01/23/oklahoma-lawmaker-proposes-bigfoot-hunting-season/

A Republican House member has introduced a bill that would create a Bigfoot hunting season. Rep. Justin Humphrey’s district includes the heavily forested Ouachita Mountains in southeast Oklahoma, where a Bigfoot festival is held each year near the Arkansas border. He says issuing a state hunting license and tag could help boost tourism.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It makes you wonder how Ancient Aliens has gone on so many seasons

On the...wait for it...History channel.

We cut the cord 10 years ago and are not going back.    That channel is not what it was meant to be.

I once sat for five hours watching a history of Russia program that was amazing. 

Not it's all ice road truckers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

On the...wait for it...History channel.

We cut the cord 10 years ago and are not going back.    That channel is not what it was meant to be.

I once sat for five hours watching a history of Russia program that was amazing. 

Not it's all ice road truckers.

Agreed, the reality show addiction has sunk in deeply.

WWII, American History, Ancient History..........Life Below Zero (with a camera crew, sound crew, lighting crew, producers, and a catering truck)

1 hour ago, Historian said:

I am willing to pull a permit. 

Then again I'm am Admiral in a land locked fictional nation's navy...who is still at war with East Germany.

Some things like this appeal to me. 

Yes.  I should properly be addressed as Baron.  ...... At least I'm Baron of my own backyard.  When I  call, the squirrels muster and parade.  I do have to put out the bird seed first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/23/2021 at 5:46 AM, Historian said:

Then again I'm am Admiral in a land locked fictional nation's navy...who is still at war with East Germany.

I’m a founding member of a popular motorcycle club. I don’t own a bike.

I’m with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, I grew up waaaay out in the sticks.  It is hard to get more rural in the continental US than where I grew up.  When I was a young pup, I was constantly calling for mom and dad to make the big hairy critter with red eyes stop looking in my bedroom window.  In later years, I measured where I remembered the eyes lookin in.  It was about 9'-6" from the ground.

Anyhoo, I thought it was just my silly, boyish,  imagination.  We spent so much time outside and hunting, that if there was anything odd, we'd have seen prints, or just shot it.  We caught cougars, where they weren't supposed to be, wolves, where they weren't supposed to be, etc.

A few years ago, I took my son hunting on the ranch (I don't live there anymore).  We set up a ground blind watching a beaver dam that deer always cross before dark to go eat on the wheat fields.  The wind was perfect, but nothing came.  We did, however, smell the most awful stench.  It went around us and spooked a cougar across the dam.  Just before we smelled the stench, it sounded like Barry Bonds was beating on a tree about 100 yards away.  Then, twice over the next 30-40 minutes it was like huge logs from space hit the water about 30 yards from us.  No human could have done that without a big trebuchet.

I don't know WTF it was.

Fill the tag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2021 at 4:46 AM, Historian said:

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do .....

On 1/23/2021 at 5:59 AM, Dric902 said:

A Physics Prof told me once

”we are time traveling right now, one minute at a time”

Moving farther away from the big bang.  Faster than something closer to it; not as fast as ....

Yeah, science is cool.  That's how I got a smart phone.

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

We set up a ground blind ...  The wind was perfect, but nothing came.  We did, however, smell the most awful stench.  It went around us and spooked a cougar across the dam.  Just before we smelled the stench, it sounded like Barry Bonds was beating on a tree about 100 yards away.  Then, twice over the next 30-40 minutes it was like huge logs from space hit the water about 30 yards from us.  No human could have done that without a big trebuchet.

I don't know WTF it was.

Fill the tag.

Great story.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  But, are you sure that you want to piss this thing off?  It's bigger than a gorilla, so stealthy that you couldn't hear it, so close that you could smell it and its seen you when you are sleeping.  It knows when you're awake.  Better be good.  That stench is actually from a defoliant that it uses to predigest its food (while it is still alive).  They call it seasoning. 

41 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Great story.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  But, are you sure that you want to piss this thing off?  It's bigger than a gorilla, so stealthy that you couldn't hear it, so close that you could smell it and its seen you when you are sleeping.  It knows when you're awake.  Better be good.  That stench is actually from a defoliant that it uses to predigest its food (while it is still alive).  They call it seasoning. 

We had some high dollar hunting dogs back then.  They were trained to tree cougars, drown raccoons, herd coyotes, deer, and pigs.  But, every once in a while, they'd all pile out of the box, piss all over the place, and jump back into the truck.  Game over for the night.  We never figure out the why.  But, it was over.  Just nope.  We aint gettin out again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

We had some high dollar hunting dogs back then.  They were trained to tree cougars, drown raccoons, herd coyotes, deer, and pigs.  But, every once in a while, they'd all pile out of the box, piss all over the place, and jump back into the truck.  Game over for the night.  We never figure out the why.  But, it was over.  Just nope.  We aint gettin out again.

So, you're ruling out smaller animals (cougars, raccoons, coyotes, deer, and pigs).