Atomo! - molecular coffee

TBO

1 hour ago, Historian said:

So, I've actually had a couple impossible burgers.   Other than being novel...they were pretty darn good!

But let's face it.  It's a vegetable pretending to be meat and that's just a big lie.

I have a feeling that most things at BK are pretending to be something they are not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I have a feeling that most things at BK are pretending to be something they are not.

Well i had my burger in a different small shop.  It wasn't bad.  But i felt like i didn't do my part to end global warming by eating a cow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

So, I've actually had a couple impossible burgers.   Other than being novel...they were pretty darn good!

But let's face it.  It's a vegetable pretending to be meat and that's just a big lie.

I'm with you.  I tried one and left it on the table. They insisted it tasted like beef. You know what is healthy, savory, looks, cooks and tastes like beef? BEEF.

Impossible and the like of meat substitute? Not so much. My taste buds just don't care for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

What's in that sucker?  I'm guessing soy.

Soon to be soy-lent green.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

I drank a couple of cans of I-131 atoms.

and now, I'm worried that you will actually be able to explain that.  Then, I looked it up.  Not too tasty, but not as nasty as I was worried. 

• Iodine-131 (131I, I-131) is an important radioisotope of iodine discovered by Glenn Seaborg and John Livingood in 1938 at the University of California, Berkeley. It has a radioactive decay half-life of about eight days. It is associated with nuclear energy, medical diagnostic and treatment procedures, and natural gas production.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

Laboratory created coffee flavored substance. No thanks.

How I wish truth in advertising would give us ads like this.  But, instead Atomo gives us this B.S.:

It’s Getting hot in here!

Climate change is causing a world of problems for the
coffee industry:

• increased plant disease
• deforestation of the rainforest

Couple that with increased consumption and the
math doesn’t look good for conventional coffee.

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?

During their quest for creating better coffee, Andy and Jarret were shocked by the underlying problems associated with large scale coffee farming.

The environmental toll due to demand and climate change is destroying the rainforest.

Another mind blowing fact they learned is that coffee is the 2nd most intense carbon footprint agricultural crop, behind cocoa!Powered by the motivation to see real change, Atomo has infused an actionable sustainability mindset into our ways of doing things. We now have world-class food technologists and coffee scientists working elbow to elbow (actually socially distancing for now) in our food labs who are also passionate about building a consistently great tasting cup of coffee that’s ALSO better for the environment and mankind.

5 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

and now, I'm worried that you will actually be able to explain that.  Then, I looked it up.  Not too tasty, but not as nasty as I was worried. 

• Iodine-131 (131I, I-131) is an important radioisotope of iodine discovered by Glenn Seaborg and John Livingood in 1938 at the University of California, Berkeley. It has a radioactive decay half-life of about eight days. It is associated with nuclear energy, medical diagnostic and treatment procedures, and natural gas production.

Yeah, thyroid cancer.  Two guys in suits showed up to my special room with a cart with a lead box on top.  Inside was a can and a straw.  You drink it all, then sit in a plastic lined room for several days until the Geiger Counter isn't going crazy.  Then, you scrub, and they let you go.  I had two rounds.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

How I wish truth in advertising would give us ads like this.  But, instead Atomo gives us this B.S.:

It’s Getting hot in here!

Climate change is causing a world of problems for the
coffee industry:

• increased plant disease
• deforestation of the rainforest

Couple that with increased consumption and the
math doesn’t look good for conventional coffee.

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?

During their quest for creating better coffee, Andy and Jarret were shocked by the underlying problems associated with large scale coffee farming.

The environmental toll due to demand and climate change is destroying the rainforest.

Another mind blowing fact they learned is that coffee is the 2nd most intense carbon footprint agricultural crop, behind cocoa!Powered by the motivation to see real change, Atomo has infused an actionable sustainability mindset into our ways of doing things. We now have world-class food technologists and coffee scientists working elbow to elbow (actually socially distancing for now) in our food labs who are also passionate about building a consistently great tasting cup of coffee that’s ALSO better for the environment and mankind.

It's really good to dunk your Green in.