Anyone else wish that they were Garth Brooks fans?

jmohme

Why all the angst for Garth?

• His name seems unusual.
  • Was it your black tie affair that he ruined?
  • You were thinking of the Garth from Wayne's world.
  • He performed at Joe Biden's inauguration
    • Proof that he does have friends in low places.

Or, was it one of these:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/every-time-garth-brooks-spoke-out-about-politics

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Why all the angst for Garth?

• His name seems unusual.
  • Was it your black tie affair that he ruined?
  • You were thinking of the Garth from Wayne's world.
  • He performed at Joe Biden's inauguration
    • Proof that he does have friends in low places.

Or, was it one of these:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/every-time-garth-brooks-spoke-out-about-politics

No, as previously mentioned, I grew up in the same circles.  I think he is a douchebag.  But, I did find Trisha attractive 30 years ago.

• Like 2

My thoughts, since you didn’t ask. I have liked the the music of people I detest, michael jackson, james taylor, lady gaga, and the dixie chics, but like/love their music. 

Funny enough, I just put in his in pieces CD in my truck, one of my favorite albums. I have no intention of not listening to his music because he is an infected boil on the ass end of a jackass.  He is a disloyal festering teat for being a rino.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Dolly and Elvis, among others, had it figured. Keep your personal political opinions personal lest you alienate half your potential audience. 

These people, much like professional actors and athletes, are very lucky to be able to make a living the way they do.

It would be wonderful if they would enjoy doing what they do:  And let us enjoy watching them do what they do.

I'm not going to watch the Super Bowl this year because I'm tired of the politics.   I just want to watch amazing people do amazing things.

My thoughts, since you didn’t ask. I have liked the the music of people I detest, michael jackson, james taylor, lady gaga, and the dixie chics, but like/love their music. 

Funny enough, I just put in his in pieces CD in my truck, one of my favorite albums. I have no intention of not listening to his music because he is an infected boil on the ass end of a jackass.  He is a disloyal festering teat for being a rino.
That is why Biden is in the oval office and America has become the disgrace it has . Liberals boycott those that oppose them while " concervative people support the ones who oppose and suppress them .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Same here.  Not my style.

I never did like him either.

This has been a fun experiment. I posted here and at GT and intentionally did not make any mention of politics just to see what kind of responses I would get. I bet the wife that GT would rapidly get to 3 or more pages of purely political responses and I won the bet. Those folks over there get wound up easily.

I had been hearing Garths name on the radio for two days and was just reminded of how much I have always hated country music. That was the main inspiration fo this, even though his playing for both Big 0, Joe, and the Ho shows him for the hypocritical POS he is. 

2 hours ago, Ozarkpugs said:

That is why Biden is in the oval office and America has become the disgrace it has . Liberals boycott those that oppose them while " concervative people support the ones who oppose and suppress them .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

That is quite the leap. Oh gee, a person I’ve never met disagrees with me on the internet, whatever shall I do, woe is me, woe is me. :upeyes: