NY Governor Vetoes Knife Rights Bill

pipedreams

"New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has AGAIN vetoed Knife Rights’ Gravity Knife and Switchblade Reform Bill, once again effectively giving the finger to New York’s legislature that overwhelmingly passed the bill that specifically addressed Cuomo’s concerns with last year’s bill. Despite valiant last-minute efforts by bill sponsor Assemblyman Dan Quart to come up with a workable compromise, the Governor simply would not sign a clean bill."

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/10/28/ny-governor-vetoes-knife-rights-bill/

Of course he did, it's perfectly consistent with his stance on gun control.

When a politician tries to disarm the populace, it is because they believe the people are a danger to others, and/or themselves.  It is the politician telling the people that he knows better than they do.  It is elitism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, TeaDub said:

My own state is going the other way. They just recently upped the blade length to anything under 12 inches not being considered as a "weapon". No permit required to carry my Ka-Bar Kukri. Switchblades are fine as well.

TX just went to location restricted knives. Which means nothing over 5.5 inches in bars, schools and a few other places. Otherwise they are all legal to carry no matter the length of the blade. 

Brass knuckles are still illegal to possess. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The people of NY have spoken. This ks the Governor they chose. As long as his antics don’t affect the remaining rational and free states, I’m good with it.  I no longer have to travel for work so I won’t be going to states like New York and the NY Voting majority needs to keep their insane notions to themselves when they travel to sane states that still have liberty. 

This law makes it even more unsafe to go to NYC  This combined with the lunatic mayor they have makes me glad all my trips there are behind me  

On 1/5/2018 at 5:53 PM, Sigobsessed said:

Mebbe we can get rid of this joke of a governor in the next election!

Unless he gets indicted first for being the crook that he is. Lots of his "boys" are going down the tubes lately. One of them shipped off to the big house was fond of using the word "ziti" for graft money -  a very clever and original Mafia mob term - fooled everybody except the jury.

Edited by rayzer007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rayzer007 said:

Unless he gets indicted first for being the crook that he is. Lots of his "boys" are going down the tubes lately. One of them shipped off to the big house was fond of using the word "ziti" for graft money -  a very clever and original Mafia mob term - fooled everybody except the jury.

Yup I believe four of his cronies were found guilty yesterday!

• 2 weeks later...