Minivan camper build

crockett

LifePo4 battery passed the capacity test and exceeded, first discharge.

They are rated for 272 Amp hours. Mine passed with 272.8 Ah after 27 hours with a cut off voltage of 12 volts. That's a discharge level of 90% with 10% remaining. If I would pull the remaining 10% I would be at 300 Ah.

300 Ah is 6 times the amount of usable energy stored of a comparably sized lead acid car battery.

It's safe to say: lead acid batteries are a thing of the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the sink, fresh water tank and water pump.

Its a small 14" x 14" bar sink, enough room to wash plates etc.

61or-EHTegL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Variable output pump to conserve water.

71KTYl61jKL._AC_SL1452_.jpg

Will only have 13 gallons of water. Should be enough for long weekend trips within the state.

61D89JolmcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tous said:

So, water is going to be working for you, eh?

:biggrin:

Thirteen gallons is about 50 liters.

Makes it sound like  you have more.

Took me years to get used to imperial, let alone US gallons, so don't mess me up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Then you have no problem with Dram Equivalent listed on all of the boxes of shotgun shells.  :biggrin:

I have even seen shotgun shell reloading recipes listing the propellant in drams.

Dear shotgun shell manufacturers.

I don't believe that anyone  except a few re-enactors or SAAS shooters load shotgun shells with black powder.

We don't need to know how modern ammunition compares any longer.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 10:34 PM, tous said:

Then you have no problem with Dram Equivalent listed on all of the boxes of shotgun shells.  :biggrin:

I have even seen shotgun shell reloading recipes listing the propellant in drams.

I don't believe that anyone  except a few re-enactors or SAAS shooters load shotgun shells with black powder.

I own a bunch of guns and presses, but I stay away from shotguns. Can't stand anything that is not precise. And whatever Joe suggests, must be bad.

My lab grade scale is certified down to a single kernel of most smokeless powders. In grain. 0.001 gn that is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, tous said:

Give it a few years. Besides, anyone who knows anything knows drams are how the frugal pour their scotch!

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, crockett said:

I own a bunch of guns and presses, but I stay away from shotguns. Can't stand anything that is not precise. And whatever Joe suggests, must be bad.

My lab grade scale is certified down to a single kernel of most smokeless powders. In grain. 0.001 gn that is.

DSC00969.jpg

Want links to that rig. I'm fidna break into the 800X. That'll make it work. Makes my D-Term look like a junkyard scale fat bitches weigh themselves on.

Holy FCK! $5500 is a little steep for the base model. If George Floyd had one to weigh his Fentanyl on, he'd still be around.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Want links to that rig. I'm fidna break into the 800X. That'll make it work. Makes my D-Term look like a junkyard scale fat bitches weigh themselves on.

Holy FCK! $5500 is a little steep for the base model. If George Floyd had one to weigh his Fentanyl on, he'd still be around.

I paid less. After 3 "good" Chinese made balances I got sick and tired of that bullshit and went back to buying German made, lab grade.

I still opted for an affordable scale. The best one costs 35k.

SartoriusCubis II Ultra-Micro Balance, MCA User Interface:Balances and |  Fisher Scientific

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Termination of all lugs done.

I have now 120 volts for normal household appliances in the minivan. The lithium battery has 280 amp hours, that's 5 times as much as a typical lead acid car battery. I can run a fridge / freezer combo, induction cooktop, coffee maker, blender, TV, laptop charger etc. for a pretty long time. Battery gets charged by the alternator when the engine is running, and / or by solar panel on the roof.

All hidden in the stow'n'go cubbies for the 2nr row seats (gone).

Feels weird to power a 120 volt jigsaw from a car...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crockett said:

Termination of all lugs done.

I have now 120 volts for normal household appliances in the minivan. The lithium battery has 280 amp hours, that's 5 times as much as a typical lead acid car battery. I can run a fridge / freezer combo, induction cooktop, coffee maker, blender, TV, laptop charger etc. for a pretty long time. Battery gets charged by the alternator when the engine is running, and / or by solar panel on the roof.

All hidden in the stow'n'go cubbies for the 2nr row seats (gone).

Feels weird to power a 120 volt jigsaw from a car...

Nice lookin job!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

Nice lookin job!!!

Thanks. I can do much better but that would require some CAD design work and more room in my garage, but I don't want to get lost in a never ending "perfect" project. I bought a cheap ass $3,000 minivan for a reason, so that I can use it everywhere and not worry about dings, scratches, somebody potentially breaking in or stealing it.

2 more stages:

1.) Wooden cabinet where the passenger seat used to be with a drawer style 12 volt trucker fridge and a sink above. Water tank and pump will be in the other stow'n'ngo cubby. The faucet will be one of those pull out thingies on a hose. I'll be able to pull it though the open window and rinse off / shower at the beach or in the woods.

2.) Wooden bed frame with drawers underneath for clothes, hygiene products, dry food, kitchen utensils, beach umbrella / chair / small gas grill / small gas stove.

Then its time to get out and explore Florida.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Don’t recall any mention of a “wet” potty fixture, so guess camp toilet with waste bags. What are you going to do with drainage from your dishwashing sink? Let it pour onto the ground?

Grey water goes to the ground. Basically water with some biodegradable soap, nothing nasty.

5 plus 2 gallon RV toilet

AA9EF52D-4327-46FB-ABA6-5572797A2247.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crockett said:

Thanks. I can do much better but that would require some CAD design work and more room in my garage, but I don't want to get lost in a never ending "perfect" project. I bought a cheap ass $3,000 minivan for a reason, so that I can use it everywhere and not worry about dings, scratches, somebody potentially breaking in or stealing it.

2 more stages:

1.) Wooden cabinet where the passenger seat used to be with a drawer style 12 volt trucker fridge and a sink above. Water tank and pump will be in the other stow'n'ngo cubby. The faucet will be one of those pull out thingies on a hose. I'll be able to pull it though the open window and rinse off / shower at the beach or in the woods.

2.) Wooden bed frame with drawers underneath for clothes, hygiene products, dry food, kitchen utensils, beach umbrella / chair / small gas grill / small gas stove.

Then its time to get out and explore Florida.

That's just Incredible dude!!  No ****...Really!  Ya need to show us pictures of the finished insides.  What a cool thing to be able to do!!!  Curse the beaches around florida, and day Trade!!!:cool:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

There ya go!!!  How do ya AC it all night.  That would be a must for me.

No AC. Car ACs have up to 40000 BTU and they still struggle at times. An electric AC strong enough would need a massive battery bank and solar panels that will never fit on the roof of a minivan.

thats why I installed 2 pressurizing fans behind the rear bumper. See pictures a couple pages back. And window shades that allow me to keep the windows cracked at all times. The fans push out the hot air at a high rate.

plus 2 interior fans.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, crockett said:

No AC. Car ACs have up to 40000 BTU and they still struggle at times. An electric AC strong enough would need a massive battery bank and solar panels that will never fit on the roof of a minivan.

thats why I installed 2 pressurizing fans behind the rear bumper. See pictures a couple pages back. And window shades that allow me to keep the windows cracked at all times. The fans push out the hot air at a high rate.

plus 2 interior fans.

Cool.  For a gentleman your age.  I need AC man!  To cut the humidity also.  I use to be "A Pirate...200 years too late"...but I'm old now.  I need frivilous comfort!!!:cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

We live in an age where people are more disposable than ever. It sucks.

It's a matter of probability theory. What are the chances in this twisted society we live in to find a partner that is equally smart, decent, loyal, productive, knows how to cook and look after herself, not stuck on FaceShit or texting moma 24/7, not seeing you as a nest, money or sperm provider, with a good amount of integrity, while not being a sheep to public opinion, the Dems nor the bias in the media?

Chances to find a girl like that is in the per-mille bracket, and I'm no gambler.

• Like 1

• crockett changed the title to Minivan camper build