Waiting For a new Knife...

deputy tom

22 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Cool!!!  I always Love to get a new Knife.  I swear, If I buy another knife...Ms. Swamp, will probably divorce me!!

I bought my wife a gun.  Now she has options for everything I do.  Get a new knife, it's nothing in the Grand Scheme of Things!

• Like 1

My new knife arrived yesterday morning. It's a very nice one but the sheath really locks it in. I pulled the knife out so the two highest points of the retaining system are resting together and left it like that over night. That seemed to rectify the situation. tom. :cowboy2:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

This is the video that got me interested in the Strongarm knife. tom.

Ok, you're really trying to get me in trouble aren't ya.  I remember what my daughter told me when she got in trouble years ago when I said, "Seriously, Why the Hell did you Do that???"  She said,  "I'm really sorry dad, I knew you'd say NO, so I figured It would be easier to ask for Forgiveness rather than ask for permission."  I wonder if that will work when Ms Swamp sees the charge on the Credit card!!!:anim_lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

What do you guys do with your "old" knife that was the perfect world's answer to knives last year?

I took some, rolled up in gift paper tied with string to my Capo Ferro Rapier Fencing class 

One for everyone in the class.  I gave away a new buck 110, Blackhawk Crucible folder. BUCK synthetic handle 110. ESSE Rat folder, and something else.  Instructor got first grab in the bag, then down the rank structure within the class.  

Kept the Cold Steels and my Emersons.   Thinning the heard that I bought, used, but never really carried.  

These days, the rotation is Benchmade 710, Emerson Commander,  and Voyager XL clip.  Soc-p offside pocket ( my gom jabbar).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven't bought a new knife in years and years but I'd like to have that Buck 110 auto.

I carried 110s for decades and about the time Buck sold out and started stamping their name on stuff they didn't make, I started buying up the old stuff at yard sales and estate sales. So I've got a little collection of the "best stuff" just so when MY kids get fed up enough with cheap plastic junk to appreciate a fine knife, thermos, gun, I HAVE them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rellik said:

I took some, rolled up in gift paper tied with string to my Capo Ferro Rapier Fencing class 

One for everyone in the class.  I gave away a new buck 110, Blackhawk Crucible folder. BUCK synthetic handle 110. ESSE Rat folder, and something else.  Instructor got first grab in the bag, then down the rank structure within the class.  

Kept the Cold Steels and my Emersons.   Thinning the heard that I bought, used, but never really carried.  

These days, the rotation is Benchmade 710, Emerson Commander,  and Voyager XL clip.  Soc-p offside pocket ( my gom jabbar).  

Most excellant...Most excellant sir...

• Like 2