WTF vehicles

NPTim

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I saw the Oscar Mayer weinermobiel on 183 in Austin last week. I was driving so didn't get a picture, but even after all these years, that thing makes me say WTF!

How old is that thing by now? I remember seeing it passing through my town about 35 years ago.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:27 PM, kerbie18 said:

How old is that thing by now? I remember seeing it passing through my town about 35 years ago.

They have multiple ones of varying size.  Used to see one based on a mini cooper when I lived in Bentonville.  I imagine it did business with the Walmart HQ.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

They have multiple ones of varying size.  Used to see one based on a mini cooper when I lived in Bentonville.  I imagine it did business with the Walmart HQ.

The wiener mobile that I remember must have been made out of a semi truck chassis. It was big. It also served fresh hot dogs at 50 cents a piece. It was a mobile hot dog stand. My mom thought it's appearance was a cheap way to feed us kids. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

The wiener mobile that I remember must have been made out of a semi truck chassis. It was big. It also served fresh hot dogs at 50 cents a piece. It was a mobile hot dog stand. My mom thought it's appearance was a cheap way to feed us kids. 

I’ve seen bigger ones but the smaller one is the only one I’ve seen up close is the Mini Cooper one. A couple of times it was parked at the library when I was there.

• Like 1