Germ Key..

deputy tom

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I should carry a propane torch.............  :cheers:

I do / did.  (I have many more of them)

I was going through TSA.  They took my backpack and said they had to inspect it.

I thought (never said it out loud), "Yeah. Whatever.  There's nothing in there that hasn't been in there for five years."

I don't know if these guys were the sharpest knives,  or if they got new, better, scanners.

They usually dismantle my bag,  and rifle through it for twenty minutes,  while repeatedly looking at the 'capture' screen.  They don't know what they're looking for,  and they won't tell you when you ask.  So, they rip your bag apart,  stuff everything back in,  and tell you you are good to go.

But this guy immediately went to, bang!,  a "jet lighter" I had.  Said I can't have it.  A $3 Ronson,  down the drain.  Totally busted.

You can't take down a jet with a Bic or Zippo,  but a Ronson is lethal.

• Haha 2

I keep jet-lighters in all my packs,  mostly my winter ones.  They are a survival basic.

You can light a log on fire,  with no kindling.

You can't use them for cigarettes,  because they immediately burn the cigarette into unusableness,  burn off your facial hair,  and blister your nose and lip.

You can solder with them.  Survival! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's actually one of my most favoritest songs.

I was at some restaurant,  and the mariachi band belted-up on that song (in spanish),  and when they heard me,( minding my own bizzness) singing along (in english) (i can sing.  many people, and my family, that have heard me,  have confirmed it)

When the band noticed me,  they made me sing (in english) between their verses.

It wasn't hard.  Easy song./

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I was at some restaurant,  and the mariachi band belted-up on that song (in spanish),  and when they heard me,( minding my own bizzness) singing along (in english) (i can sing.  many people, and my family, that have heard me,  have confirmed it)

It is an amazing song. It seems so odd that Nelson’s and Charles’ voices would pair so well, but they do. That version (which I believe is from Austin City Limits), is my favorite rendition of the song. I wasn’t a fan of Charles’ studio version, with the overpowering organ accompaniment. That sort of organ music should be limited to weddings and funerals.

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I think I prefer the version in the video I posted. This sounds great too though. At least the organ music was subdued, like the other vid. I hear a lap steel guitar in there somewhere as well, which I don’t think suits the song very well.

16 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

This is a beautiful song.  I also love to sing it too.

20 hours ago, tadbart said:

Giggity.

I prefer 50-ish percent. Like Wild Turkey 101 or some shine from the hills.

Damn near had to pry my College attending Grand daughter's fingers from a jar of Cherries I bought in a liquor store.  the Cherries were marinated in 100 proof Alcohol!

• Haha 5