Are Liberals Getting Worse?

Eric

• Administrators

Or are they just getting harder to ignore because the Internet is giving them an increasingly prominent platform to shout from? Or am I just getting older and more sensitive to their bullshit?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I believe they are getting far worse, more vocal, and physical with more far leftist views. 

They seem to be invigorated by the patent approval of the Democratic Mayors and Governors that quite obviously encourage their demands, and give them obvious approval by not enforcing laws against antisocial and criminal behavior.  The News also backs them up and excuses their behavior so they feel empowered.

Yes they are really worse!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

they are getting worse because they have graduated from Complaining and Whining.

to Looting and Burning, and have the full Support of the Lame Stream Media.

BLM pulled down a Statue of President Abraham Lincoln Last night in the Name of Native Americans........Cuz, you know Reasons..

• Like 6

They don't bother me.  Then again I am fortunate to have great Liberal friends both in real life and online who are good people.  Leftists on the other hand is a different story.  You all gotta remember that Leftism and Liberalism are not the same thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think they’ve gotten worse. They’re so emboldened now that ideas they’ve long held but either sugarcoated or skirted around are now mainstream for the left. 

They want our guns and they want free stuff, plain and simple...and they aren’t afraid to shout it from the rooftops now. 

Edited by Valmet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Maser said:

They don't bother me.  Then again I am fortunate to have great Liberal friends both in real life and online who are good people.  Leftists on the other hand is a different story.  You all gotta remember that Leftism and Liberalism are not the same thing. 

True.  There isn't a "Liberal" among them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, aomagrat said:

Liberals are the most intolerant people I know.

Ayep.  I agree.

I think they are desperate. Willing to say and do anythng.  Willing to say and do anything at this point...and i think the media is supporting them.  That which we see regularly. 

Unless you read the right leaning magazines and places it's harder to find than what is present on all the news channels.

I think the are unhinged for one reason right now.   Trump is winning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Of the ones I know personally, one is still capable of reasonable non-political conversation, and is still a pleasure to be around.  The rest have gone off the deep end in their TDS, and rudeness, and irrationality, and I don't seek out their company or conversation anymore.  In fact, I avoid it.  Of what I see in the news, the political leftists are much more demented (and not living in reality), which was not the case 25 years ago, when even the eco-terrorists were careful to only damage infrastructure and not people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would really like to see the media empires - all of them - broken up. Disney should not own or control ABC or ESPN, for example.

Television networks should not also own broadcast stations. Movie studios were forced to give up their theaters because the vertical integration was considered restraint of trade. Why is it different for television networks? 

It may be too late to change now, but why were newspaper chains allowed to shut down their rivals in the big cities?

Television, radio, newspapers should not have the same ownership in a market. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

I would really like to see the media empires - all of them - broken up. Disney should not own or control ABC or ESPN, for example.

Television networks should not also own broadcast stations. Movie studios were forced to give up their theaters because the vertical integration was considered restraint of trade. Why is it different for television networks? 

It may be too late to change now, but why were newspaper chains allowed to shut down their rivals in the big cities?

Television, radio, newspapers should not have the same ownership in a market. 

Doesn't something like three corporations own all the broadcast and news paper type outlets? 

Nope 6 corporations. Six Corporations that own almost all the media outlets, and then some.

Edited by LostinTexas

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Of the ones I know personally, one is still capable of reasonable non-political conversation, and is still a pleasure to be around.  The rest have gone off the deep end in their TDS, and rudeness, and irrationality, and I don't seek out their company or conversation anymore.  In fact, I avoid it.  Of what I see in the news, the political leftists are much more demented (and not living in reality), which was not the case 25 years ago, when even the eco-terrorists were careful to only damage infrastructure and not people.

So much more eloquently put than I would have.  I have no democrat friends.  It's come to that. 

15 hours ago, Maser said:

Yet they often occupy the same space.

Edited by jmohme