We've Become Ignorant

Mrs Glockrunner

In my youth i purchased a few $2 bills for my coin collection.  But didn't receive one in circulation until about 11 years ago in Mexico of all places.

But i get the regularly either from the bank or a beer and wine shop i like.     I send them around the world with QSO cards (ham radio business card) to cover the postage back to the US.

But for a long time....the best use was to give it to Little Historian to give at the church offering.   That child would run up the priest so proud to give her $2 bill.   We gave them a lot over the years.

• Like 1

I bought some stamps from the USPS machine once. In change for a five I got some Susan B. Anthony dollar coins. I had a few of them already and some of the gold colored Sacagawea dollars. A week or so later I was in the PO again and handed the teller several of the Anthony dollars for postage. She looked at them and said "this is not real money". I told her it was and I got them from their machine. She still was skeptical so I took them back and paid with bills. This person was the Postmaster. Real dumb.

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, fideau said:

I bought some stamps from the USPS machine once. In change for a five I got some Susan B. Anthony dollar coins. I had a few of them already and some of the gold colored Sacagawea dollars. A week or so later I was in the PO again and handed the teller several of the Anthony dollars for postage. She looked at them and said "this is not real money". I told her it was and I got them from their machine. She still was skeptical so I took them back and paid with bills. This person was the Postmaster. Real dumb.

I would have kept them.

Last time i used cash (sometime about March) i was talking to the girl behind the counter and commented that i always check my change for silver.

Sure enough right in front of her i found she had given me a 1943 five cent.  Not in collector condition.  But I kept it because it was a cool find.  Also got a bicentennial twenty-five the other day.