How do you pronounce bubly?

gwalchmai

• Administrators

You know what is easy to pronouce? Water. Water doesn't need bubbles and Blackberries and a stupid ******* name. If you want to zing it up, steep some tea in it. There's another easy word to pronouce; Tea. Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that there isn't actually any tea in Long Island Iced Tea? Of course, I never ended up repeatedly puking behind a tombstone after drinking regular iced tea. I might if it had Stevia in it. I hate that ****. Stream of consciousness, anyone?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

You know what is easy to pronouce? Water. Water doesn't need bubbles and Blackberries and a stupid ******* name. If you want to zing it up, steep some tea in it. There's another easy word to pronouce; Tea. Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that there isn't actually any tea in Long Island Iced Tea? Of course, I never ended up repeatedly puking behind a tombstone after drinking regular iced tea. I might if it had Stevia in it. I hate that ****. Stream of consciousness, anyone?

stevia, or... salvia?

damn, son. :biggrin:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I say the U is long, as in "boobley". My wife and daughter say it's short, as in "bubbly". But of course we already have a way to spell that sound - bubbly.

Besides, I like the sound of "boobley".

So it's long. Who's with me?

image.jpeg.1f9ac12625f53527e4f914cee79ed4ef.jpeg

No.  bubbly sweetened and artificially flavored soft drink is Bub-lee. The attached image is what's Boob-ly.

5Elvira.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I say the U is long, as in "boobley". My wife and daughter say it's short, as in "bubbly". But of course we already have a way to spell that sound - bubbly.

Besides, I like the sound of "boobley".

So it's long. Who's with me?

image.jpeg.1f9ac12625f53527e4f914cee79ed4ef.jpeg

I'm with you.  I think the single B turns the pronunciation into Boobly.

But I'm White and liberals tell me that they create our language and pronunciation so what do I know.