No Visible Means of Support

I see the same slackers, day in and day out. Driving around all day and night. Usually in beater vehicles, but not always. There must be some awesome Gubmint benefits that allow these people to never work. I know 3 individuals that are on the sex offender list that never work. I can understand a retail location not hiring a child molester, but I'm certain these losers could get a job servicing porta potties if they really wanted, or needed, to work. Sadly lots of them don't need to due to all the bennies coming their way. Layabouts. Rant over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Walt Longmire said:

I see the same slackers, day in and day out. Driving around all day and night. Usually in beater vehicles, but not always. There must be some awesome Gubmint benefits that allow these people to never work. I know 3 individuals that are on the sex offender list that never work. I can understand a retail location not hiring a child molester, but I'm certain these losers could get a job servicing porta potties if they really wanted, or needed, to work. Sadly lots of them don't need to due to all the bennies coming their way. Layabouts. Rant over.

The "arm of the law" punishes them and the other "arm of the state" rewards them, for the same crime.

• Like 4

Law of diminishing returns says that the increasing costs of supporting an increasing quantity of layabouts will eventually lead most of the productive people to hang it up. This will  be true whether those costs are covered with increasing taxes or increasing inflation or both 

A micro demonstration was the recent unpleasantness where people who had been laid off refused to return to the old jobs or accept new ones because unemployment plus a super generous supplement exceeded what their take home from a job would be. 

Like the loaning money thread, I guess we just gotta all be happy that particular gene passed us by. Though it seems quite unfair that convicted criminal can get welfare. That's disturbing. Like was said, they should be able to get a job mucking out stalls, swinging a hammer, or in a call center.

• Thanks 1

Years and time zones ago met someone who had full disability after run over by a bus. Worked off the books as a mechanic.

Engine hoist couldn't get an engine lined up right, so got in the engine compartment to "lift" the engine into the right spot. Was c/o back pain. I documented it just as he said hoping someone at medicare would read it. Drove a better car than me just to add insult to injury.

36 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Like the loaning money thread, I guess we just gotta all be happy that particular gene passed us by. Though it seems quite unfair that convicted criminal can get welfare. That's disturbing. Like was said, they should be able to get a job mucking out stalls, swinging a hammer, or in a call center.

Don’t want a con - current or ex - handling credit card information.