Creations/Art...

Swampfox762

Ran across some of my old graphic creations from back around 1998, when a collection of my stuff was on a site called "Second Nature". 

Anyway....Got me thinking bout  all the hidden talent we have on this board.  My idea for this thread is "Your" talent/hobby/creation. 

PICTURES mostly.  Pictures of your friends creations/art too.  You whittle? Make ANYTHING? Pottery, Furniture, re build cars, guns? Make knives? 

What's your talent/art or just hobby?  Gardening?  That's sure creating!

Anybody interested in a thread like this?? I'll post some of my old graphic creations tomorrow to start it off. Less somebody else wants to start.

PICTURES!!

• Like 2

Well, I'm interested!  What are you all making for fun (or sanity?) 

This is a  random selection of baby quilts I've made over the past few years.  I sewed a whole series of rainbow colored ones out of fabrics I hand-dyed (but could only find photos of a few in that series).  I had a series of 8 or 9 back/white/one other color quilts, too, but I cannot find any photos of those... although that last one gives you the idea with black, white, gray and purple.    The fourth and fifth quilts pictured were made for my cousin's twins after she lost quintuplets.  They were made from our feed sacks from our grandmother's fabric stash.  Unfortunately, the US Postal Service lost them in Arizona, which is why I will forever hate the USPS.  The second to last one went as a wall hanging to another cousin whose hobby is diving.  The las tone is only pieced, but not quilted yet, because I have no time to sew in the summer (it's a bad weather kind of hobby).

P1020262.JPG

P1030001.JPG

P1030497.JPG

P1050116.JPG

P1050120.JPG

P1050387.JPG

P1050395.JPG

P1050389.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

iHR3amaGSPmlclqm38eqKQ.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

No interest?  Ok, never mind.

It would take me a bit to get some photographs of it.

But we generally make our own soap and shaving cream.  We have also made cheese, but not recently, beef jerky, mead and beer.   Been brewing for close to 20 years.  I make an OK beer.

Made a couple of knives as well.   Let me see if i can find a photograph.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

DAMN Lady!!!  THOSE ARE some AWSOME Quilts!  You are Good!!!  I know Quality quilting.  My Aunt in Naples is a Quilter too.  Some of her stuff is just Mind boggling.  I'll try and find some pictures of her Quilts and show ya.  Thanks Mrs. C!!:D

Really wonderful work aren't they.  I admire people with talents like this. Quilting is a wonderful useful and very personal form of art.

• Thanks 1

Here are a couple of my Aunts Quilts and some of the embellishments she puts on them.  She likes "South west" themes  on a lot of her quilts.  I think the "Bowl" is pretty incredible too though I'm not sure that's quilting per-se.

Eagle Dancer, some of the embellishments on Eagle Dancer, and some of her other work. 

Eagledancer.jpg

Eagledancer emblish1.jpg

Eagledancer emblish2.jpg

Eagledancer emblish3.jpg

Christmas Candles.jpg

Christmas Candles Detail.jpg

Edited by Swampfox762
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Historian said:

It would take me a bit to get some photographs of it.

But we generally make our own soap and shaving cream.  We have also made cheese, but not recently, beef jerky, mead and beer.   Been brewing for close to 20 years.  I make an OK beer.

Made a couple of knives as well.   Let me see if i can find a photograph.

Cool!!  Lookin forward to the picts!!

• Like 2

Here are a few of my computer Landscape creations from many years ago.  I'll upload a few every now and them.  Please feel free to download them and use them any way ya want.

They were made in two Landscape generation programs, Vue and Terragen.  With enhancement work in Photoshop.  Some of the renders took 20-24 hrs to render...back in the slow computer days.  Enjoy.

Night of the Elders.jpg

The Guardian.jpg

Shallows.jpg

Quiet night.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Did you actually forge the steel?  That looks like a Great "Skinner".  

No i don't have a forge.  So i used a grind and remove method.  If you keep your metal under a certain temperature you don't need to forge.

I would suggest as a final step breaking out blow torch and getting it as now as you can and dropping it in some oil.

And yes, it was based on a skinner i have.   Mine works.   It needs some refinement.

But my name's not Bo Randall.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

You need to finish That one!  That will be a fine Blade.

Thank you.  I did finish it and gave it to someone.  :) The metal is actually from a large scale data center's storage system.   I have about six blanks from that device.  About 8 inches by 2 ft. long.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

Fond myself a nice 1/4 stock block of brass that was part of a job at work.

Made something with it.

image.png.c4438331a053a17f2c8f975d4bb3d484.png

Seriously?  You made that?  That's really nice work.  That is one hell of a lot of File work!!  Very cool "paper weight".  Least that's what they call em when see em for sale.:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Seriously?  You made that?  That's really nice work.  That is one hell of a lot of File work!!  Very cool "paper weight".  Least that's what they call em when see em for sale.:D

Ayep that's mine.   It wasn't hard.  Just took a while to round all the edges off.  My skills are getting better.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1