Long-awaited Celera 500L 'bullet' plane is finally revealed

TBO

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

I think those numbers may be snake oil.  I could be wrong, but it smells like hype or BS.  Wouldn't be the first time if I am wrong.

It's a sales pitch for the Aircraft.  It may be a good plane, but earthshaking it isn't. the article seems to be looking for investment money.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

It's a sales pitch for the Aircraft.  It may be a good plane, but earthshaking it isn't. the article seems to be looking for investment money.

Yeah it does come across like an infomercial.  The plane looks like something you would have seen on Popular Mechanics back in the 80s when I subscribed to it as a kid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought it looked like a total silliness when I first looked at it but now it is kind of making sense.  I am sure it weighs about 1/2 of what you would expect it to weigh for that size.  Largely achieved by it bulbous shape making it strong like an egg.  The wings are about half the size you would expect so much less drag and turbo prop pusher is the most efficient setup going.  I would believe 4X more efficient but it likely has serious payload restrictions.  The standard 6 person jet you would compare it too would have a much heavier interior and you would be worried about how much you bag weighs.  Directing the exhaust into the prop seems like a bad idea.

• Like 1