Changes

gwalchmai

I'm going to be going through some life changes over the next few weeks. Not turning into a turnip or a woman or anything, but changes nonetheless. Y'all have been my friends over the years both here and at the other place, and I've come to appreciate you a lot. I'm not really ready to go into details, and I'm sorry to seem all mysterious, but if some of my posts don't seem like my usual all happy self, that's why. No need to worry, and I'd appreciate being told to bite it if I get out of line, but I may need you to bear with me from time to time. Also, I'd really appreciate any suggestions of anything special I can get or do for Mrs. G. She'll be under a lot of stress so if you see something nice I can get her, like a new food processor or mop, let me know.

Seriously, thanks a lot for being around, amigos and amigacitas. I really enjoy BSing with y'all every day. :)

--Steve

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

OK, after thinking about it, I sound coy, and I'm not pretty enough to be coy.

I have bladder cancer. I was in the hospital last month and they removed 4 tumors and scraped a bunch of surface cancer. Most was low-grade but there was an area of what they call high-grade T1 micro-papillary, which is rare but pretty strong. The docs agree that due to that my bladder needs to be nuked from orbit. So Tuesday I'm going back in and have that done. I'll be in the hospital for about a week, and then six weeks to a new normal. A long new normal.

I'm dealing with it as well as I think I can. I feel good, and I've been getting in fair shape by chores. Mrs. G and my grown kids and family are in good spirits, and all my affairs are in order, which is good. I'll try to document the journey. One thing I think would have helped me is someone else's diary. Maybe my experience will help somebody.

Like I've said, I consider this place home and I really appreciate BGH's hard work in making it available to us. And thank y'all for your support. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

Love you, amigo. I'd avoid mops or vacuums as gifts for Mama. That's personal experience talking. Think she'd like a spa day?

I got her a food processor for our second Christmas. She said there was no need for lingerie...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zonny said:

I’d hug you. You can count on me ;)

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

I have bladder cancer. I was in the hospital last month and they removed 4 tumors and scraped a bunch of surface cancer. Most was low-grade but there was an area of what they call high-grade T1 micro-papillary, which is rare but pretty strong. The docs agree that due to that my bladder needs to be nuked from orbit. So Tuesday I'm going back in and have that done. I'll be in the hospital for about a week, and then six weeks to a new normal. A long new normal.

I'm dealing with it as well as I think I can. I feel good, and I've been getting in fair shape by chores. Mrs. G and my grown kids and family are in good spirits, and all my affairs are in order, which is good. I'll try to document the journey. One thing I think would have helped me is someone else's diary. Maybe my experience will help somebody.

Like I've said, I consider this place home and I really appreciate BGH's hard work in making it available to us. And thank y'all for your support. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

I won't hug you but I'm willing to watch Zonny hug you. A Union brother and good friend of mine had bladder cancer about 11 to 12 years ago. I took him to some of his appointments because he was tuckered out and not up to driving afterward. I don't have any idea if his cancer was like yours but he has been cancer free for a lot of years now and didn't lose any parts over it.

I hope your treatments go well. I like your posts and your username reads like Guacamole to me. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hope everything works great. There is a lot of new procedures being offered that work miracles.  This past Oct. and Nov. I had radiation five days a week and it fixed me up great.  There were some tough days but you just got to hang in there for to good days to come.   This is when you get to see what real professionals the doctors and staff are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Sorry to hear that my friend.  A friend of mine is undergoing treatment for bladder cancer right now.  He was on an experimental treatment for a few months, but they deemed it was not working as tumors returned.  They have since dropped the experimental thing and are doing another type of treatment which we hope will work better.  I will add you to my prayers Steve.  Take care man and keep us posted please.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Historian said:

How[d that work out for you?

I guess...you really did marry her for her cooking abilities?

No. She said she appreciated the food processor so much she wouldn't be needing any lingerie. I had to hit the mall the next morning and rethink my gift choices. She got over it after a few months...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

No. She said she appreciated the food processor so much she wouldn't be needing any lingerie. I had to hit the mall the next morning and rethink my gift choices. She got over it after a few months...

So, you're started shopping for her at Bed, Bath and Beyond?

Just asking. 

This is a "technique"  i was unaware of.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Prayers and well wishes for a quick recovery and stress relief for you and your lovelier half.

My wife has been using these at night and for stress relief and sleep lately.  I tried 1 each last night and I swear, One of the best nights sleep I've had in months!!  I thought it was BS, but I was pleasantly surprise.  Ya might want to get one of each Steve and give them a try...ask your Dr. first though.

Gummies.jpg

Gummies1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1