Mondays

Eric

• Administrators

In 1979, 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer was arrested after opening fire at a San Diego primary school, California, from a window at her home, leaving two dead and nine more injured. When asked why she did this, her answer was, ′′ I just don't like Mondays."

C36B1733-0193-481F-984E-C8A8650A4D2B.jpeg.5ea5afc4f6bad81d4b8d05914d92158f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

I doubt that her need to deal with Mondays was eliminated. Probably long since released. 

Nope, she is 57 now and still in prison. Her next parole hearing is in 2021.

C2158630-6947-4C77-98CA-D720197AE5C1.jpeg.47fd8955465862faeb5ad3145b91010b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just wanted give a little more history of this gold heart-ed woman.

She was given 25 years to life.   If parole went her way she would have been let lose in 2005.  She entered prison 1980 and has clearly served 40 years.

Here's her parole history.  I think there's a story here...more problems...and they are likely to keep her.   I hope so. 

September 07, 2016    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 5 years
March 02, 2016    Parole Suitability Hearing    Parole suitability hearing was postponed
September 08, 2015    Administrative Review    The administrative review to advance the inmate’s next parole suitability hearing date was approved
September 02, 2014    Inmate Petition to Advance     The inmate’s petition to advance his or her next parole suitability hearing date was denied
September 02, 2014    Parole Suitability Hearing    Parole suitability hearing was cancelled
August 13, 2009    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 10 years
September 27, 2005    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 4 years
April 17, 2001    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 4 years
January 20, 1998    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 3 years
December 14, 1994    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 3 years
January 21, 1993    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 3 years

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

Just wanted give a little more history of this gold heart-ed woman.

She was given 25 years to life.   If parole went her way she would have been let lose in 2005.  She entered prison 1980 and has clearly served 40 years.

Here's her parole history.  I think there's a story here...more problems...and they are likely to keep her.   I hope so. 

September 07, 2016    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 5 years
March 02, 2016    Parole Suitability Hearing    Parole suitability hearing was postponed
September 08, 2015    Administrative Review    The administrative review to advance the inmate’s next parole suitability hearing date was approved
September 02, 2014    Inmate Petition to Advance     The inmate’s petition to advance his or her next parole suitability hearing date was denied
September 02, 2014    Parole Suitability Hearing    Parole suitability hearing was cancelled
August 13, 2009    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 10 years
September 27, 2005    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 4 years
April 17, 2001    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 4 years
January 20, 1998    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 3 years
December 14, 1994    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 3 years
January 21, 1993    Parole Suitability Hearing    Inmate was denied parole for 3 years

It reads like she has done something while in prison that scares the living crap out of the parole board. I wonder what she did?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kerbie18 said:

It reads like she has done something while in prison that scares the living crap out of the parole board. I wonder what she did?

This from one of the members of the board.

At her 2016 parole eligibility hearing, she cried frequently “demonstrating emotional instability,” Sachs said.

“She claimed she wasn’t trying to kill anybody, she was just shooting,” he said. “What she did was so awful, shooting at children. We feel a life sentence is only fair for someone guilty of all those things.”

hooting at children. We feel a life sentence is only fair for someone guilty of all those things.”
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

What could she possibly do if released?  She's probably not qualified to work anywhere.  That Walmart greeter position typically disqualifies mass murderers.  :dunno:

Right 

Be honest with her and everyone else.  She isn't going anywhere.

I know a guy who in two years is up for his first hearing.  But he can't be released for another 90 (that's the number between 89 and 91) years.

What on earth is the point?  Just tell the truth.  You tossed him in a hole and want him to remain there until no one remembers him and he spends eternity in a prison grave yard with a headstone marked by a number.

He earned it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

What could she possibly do if released?  She's probably not qualified to work anywhere.  That Walmart greeter position typically disqualifies mass murderers.  :dunno:

Maybe she could be a trophy wife. That face would probably buff right out. 

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

Buncha Dope Smoking Hippies all hopped up on Goof Balls!

With what is coming out years later about the carryings on of these people, maybe  reefer madness is true!  

I feel for their children.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Maser said:

Why do all crazy white girls from the 70s all look like Janis Joplin?  ?

I understand what you mean, but still.

Be nice to people.  We really don't know what someone is going through.  Janice had a rough time in childhood.  

I still don't always follow my words.  I still have my pissy days.  God's still working on me in this area.  - Slow learner.  

Edited by Rellik
Admit my own failures
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rellik said:

Be nice to people.  We really don't know what someone is going through.  Janice had a rough time in childhood.  

I still don't always follow my words.  I still have my pissy days.  God's still working on me in this area.  - Slow learner.  

I don't want to give the impression that I suffered.  I didn't.  In the end, I raised myself and I'm happy with the outcome.  I just got my lovin later in life.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rellik said:

You're trying, and that's the best any of us can do. If we were perfect there'd be no need for us to be here. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1