Tom Swift

DrB

On 8/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, DrB said:

Some new books for me to read. Wonder if these have any value?  Anyhow I have some reading to catch up on.  I was a Hardy Boy's fan so Tom Swift is new to me.  Dave..

TomSwift.jpg

Good find. Should be fun reads. Those look old enough to predate much of the dumbing down which sometimes infects reprints. My son told me Hardy Boys titles he got for his sons had been greatly dumbed down from the same titles he found in my childhood collection. 

• Like 2

Just now, railfancwb said:

Before television became a ubiquitous part of American childhood a number of publishers and writers - some working under a company owned pen name - supplied entertainment for young people. 

And I grew up with that on the farm.  My  mom gave me the love for the books and the imagination of the mind.  She took us to the library every 2 weeks to get books and we read.  I remember the many summer days I spent under the shade of a tree when my chores were done with a book in hand reading and living the stories in my mind.  Dad gave me the farm life, mom the culture, books and such.  Thanks to both of them for that.

• Like 3