Jump to content

Trump Admin Makes Additional 2.3 Million Acres Available for Hunting, Fishing


pipedreams
 Share

Recommended Posts

"On August 18, U.S. Interior Secretary David Bernhardt tweeted:

On the heels of @realDonaldTrump signing the most significant conservation and recreation funding in U.S. history, the Trump Administration has now made an additional 2.3 million acres accessible to new hunting and fishing opportunities. https://t.co/PVTnOeDZRX

— Secretary David Bernhardt (@SecBernhardt) August 18, 2020

 

The Hill reported Bernhardt released a statement in which he said, “We continue to take significant actions to further conservation initiatives and support sportsmen and women who are America’s true conservationists.”

The new hunting and fishing opportunities are “scattered across nearly every state and include parts of the Everglades in Florida, the Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge in Texas and the Flint Hills National Wildlife Refuge in Kansas.”"

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/19/trump-admin-makes-additional-2-3-mil-acres-available-hunting-fishing/

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/512582-trump-administration-greenlights-hunting-expansion-at-nearly-150

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

"On August 18, U.S. Interior Secretary David Bernhardt tweeted:

On the heels of @realDonaldTrump signing the most significant conservation and recreation funding in U.S. history, the Trump Administration has now made an additional 2.3 million acres accessible to new hunting and fishing opportunities. https://t.co/PVTnOeDZRX

— Secretary David Bernhardt (@SecBernhardt) August 18, 2020

 

The Hill reported Bernhardt released a statement in which he said, “We continue to take significant actions to further conservation initiatives and support sportsmen and women who are America’s true conservationists.”

The new hunting and fishing opportunities are “scattered across nearly every state and include parts of the Everglades in Florida, the Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge in Texas and the Flint Hills National Wildlife Refuge in Kansas.”"

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/19/trump-admin-makes-additional-2-3-mil-acres-available-hunting-fishing/

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/512582-trump-administration-greenlights-hunting-expansion-at-nearly-150

Minnesota is slowly giving major parts of our state back to the Indians.  Literally.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, janice6 said:

Minnesota is slowly giving major parts of our state back to the Indians.  Literally.

I am curious as to how well that will work out in Oklahoma. The Navajo Reservation has no infrastructure, no jobs, no hope, corruption and endemic alcoholism and other drug addiction.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, 26isbest said:

I am curious as to how well that will work out in Oklahoma. The Navajo Reservation has no infrastructure, no jobs, no hope, corruption and endemic alcoholism and other drug addiction.

In the case where they got the largest most popular Walleye fishing lake area in the center of the state, they net fish commercially and the DNR says that because of the low fish population, the States citizens  cannot take a fish from the lake.  The indians are managing it......................

It was our tourist center, now it's like the rest of the reservation, nothing.

However the smallest tribe in the State runs a gambling casino and it's members are wealthy.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...