FB Knife Post

Eric

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Nice.  Bit big for me with shorts and sandles and all. 

Or this one. It is small, but tough. You could drive this thing through a car door.

8D7E9747-3A55-44BB-B664-04EB47A62DAE.thumb.jpeg.ee011cb21dcdb33db25d30b2012c9781.jpeg

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

That big one is NICE...never carried anything that big though.  I mean...not bragging...but, cargo shorts and stuff.

I got the big one for Christmas one year. It is damned nice and if I ever get attacked by a knight wearing armor, I am set. I could drive that thing right through the steel breastplate, the chain mail beneath it and maybe some boiled leather as well. That is exactly the kind of thing a dagger that long was originally designed for. Today, I could drive it through one guy and the guy behind him, if they didn’t mind sharing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Or this one. It is small, but tough. You could drive this thing through a car door.

8D7E9747-3A55-44BB-B664-04EB47A62DAE.thumb.jpeg.ee011cb21dcdb33db25d30b2012c9781.jpeg

I have one of the first models of the CRKT Sting. After I got it, I realized there was no way to really use it as a boot knife because there was no way to clip it inside my boot. I called the A.G. Russell to find out why it was described in their catalog as a boot knife without a clip on the sheath. The woman I spoke with said A.G. realized that mistake and the sheath would have a boot clip in future versions. Looking at that sheath, it doesn't look like they ever fixed the inherent flaw in the design. I can't see the other side of that sheath.  Does it have a boot clip, Eric?

Edited by Pima Pants

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Pima Pants said:

I have one of the first models of the CRKT Sting. After I got it, I realized there was no way to really use it as a boot knife because there was no way to clip it inside my boot. I called the A.G. Russell to find out why it was described in their catalog as a boot knife without a clip on the sheath. The woman I spoke with said A.G. realized that mistake and the sheath would have a boot clip in future versions. Looking at that sheath, it doesn't look like they ever fixed the inherent flaw in the design. I can't see the other side of that sheath.  Does it have a boot clip, Eric?

Actually, it does not. It has a double-closure Velcro belt loop. The two loops that the nylon belt loop strap goes through could also accommodate a metal spring clip instead.

D1693CF4-03ED-410D-A07D-8723531DBDC2.jpeg

9E0519C0-2B6E-4A5E-81C3-E2858F16D36A.jpeg

21188DEF-4D8C-49FF-85CA-C1AEECFF473D.jpeg

Ka-Bar bought the Ek Commando Knife name a few years back.  This is their display model made out of 440 (C, I think) stainless steel and leather sheath.  The regular version is made out of 1095 carbon steel and plastic sheath.  

I don't know why Ka-Bar didn't also offer this version in a plain finish and plastic/nylon sheath for those who prefer stainless steel blades.  Anyway, it seems to be well made enough and razor sharp from the factory.  The leather sheath seems to be a bit flimsy, though to be fair, the old Richmond leather sheath or nylon webbing sheath weren't all that great either.  

Without putting it to a torture test, it's hard to tell if Ka-Bar is as good as the old Richmond, Virginia portion.  

F7940FAA-A0D1-4743-8AFD-DDF5D23F69C4.thumb.jpeg.baf322820b3252cc5d6e0c8457142df6.jpeg

1CCEBBCF-188A-4F29-B258-F9BED70C68F3.thumb.jpeg.ede29facbe9e76282a20c23f2973541e.jpeg

Edited by Fnfalman
  • Like 2