Catering or pandering? Hennessy Chinese zodiac bottles

Fnfalman

Orientals love cognac, with Hennessy being the most preferred brand and Remys running a close second. 

My brother just sent me these photos of Hennessy XO bottled in the twelve Chinese zodiac signs. 

Genius marketing or pandering?  Apparently my brother bought the whole series, so something is working. 

I gave up boozing but if I were still drinking, I might buy the bottle with my birth sign just for grins and giggles.  Actually I’d be buying Remys.  7C8F667D-AF0F-4CF9-BFC8-42ECBC5476BD.thumb.jpeg.b2273ac65af0538a3a40282ee2a6fe20.jpeg8B0ED567-803F-466F-9A1F-416AEC969FE4.thumb.jpeg.3dd2ca6bf6e9ecef612667d41681c5ac.jpegD53DBA3C-B117-4416-952C-E180DB56E086.png.1ac35b423c38b8a8af0136363f487821.png

• Like 1

I'm going to go with it being an anti Black statement. Just like the Dems do, Hennessy is taking the Black demographic for granted. I'm going to say as much to my BLM/liberal/Antifa friends, assuming I get such friends. :angrysoapbox: http://madamenoire.com/329143/black-folk-love-cognac/

Why do Hennessy be hatin' yo?

On a more objective note, the only brandy I drank much of was Metaxa and that was a long time ago. Like yoou I haven't had any booze for quite a while.

Edited by 26isbest
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 26isbest said:

I'm going to go with it being an anti Black statement. Just like the Dems do, Hennessy is taking the Black demographic for granted. I'm going to say as much to my BLM/liberal/Antifa friends, assuming I get such friends. :angrysoapbox: http://madamenoire.com/329143/black-folk-love-cognac/

Why do Hennessy be hatin' yo?

On a more objective note, the only brandy I drank much of was Metaxa and that was a long time ago. Like yoou I haven't had any booze for quite a while.

I thought that Metaxa was ouzo?

22 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

I thought that Metaxa was ouzo?

Nah. We had local Anis in Rota and could get Ouzo from the base liquor store but most of us got tired of that licorice flavor in short order. The base level of Metaxa tastes pretty good either with Sprite and Metaxa (S&M) or for sipping. I just read up on it and I guess because how it is blended it is not technically a brandy according to some but it is a smooth drink. Since you quit drinking I guess you'll never know. As of October 9th it will be 25 years for me.