man was getting drunk from fermentation in his intestines. Had to have Poop transplant

Borg warner

• Auto-brewery syndrome is a rare illness where a person's body produces alcohol inside their gut, which can lead to drunkenness without consuming alcohol. 

• Sometimes known as gut fermentation syndrome, it's caused by an imbalance of bacteria and an overgrowth of fungus in the digestive system. 

• In a case study, doctors successfully treated a 47-year-old man with auto-brewery syndrome with a fecal transplant after other treatments, like a low-carb diet and anti-fungal medications, failed to help. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/47-old-man-kept-getting-210000238.html

I suppose he should find out who the donor was and thank him by saying, "Thank you, that was some really good ****!"

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

If I ever get this, don't you DARE take me to the hospital. Bring me pretzels and wings, and leave me be.

I wrote a paper on fecal transplantation. I chose the topic out of protest for having to write the paper at all, but ended up being rather fascinated by the topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

If I ever get this, don't you DARE take me to the hospital. Bring me pretzels and wings, and leave me be.

I wrote a paper on fecal transplantation. I chose the topic out of protest for having to write the paper at all, but ended up being rather fascinated by the topic.

Aren't you glad you wrote the paper? Now you really know your ****!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1