Fresh Spaghetti Sauce Tonight.

DrB

Picked and chopped up ripe tomatoes. Picked Basil and Oregano to add to the pot.  Garlic and a few picked hot peppers into the mix cooking down. Sourdough cooking in the oven.  i cheated there, as I bought the dough at the farm market.  The house smells good.  Fresh picked sliced purple/black tomatoes with pink sea salt .  Sunday dinner is going to be good.

Dave..

• Like 9

• Administrators

I saw this video last night and this thread reminded me about it. Pizza Pot Pie sounds freaking amazing. I’m going to try to recreate this. There are a bunch of recipes online that try to recreate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I saw this video last night and this thread reminded me about it. Pizza Pot Pie sounds freaking amazing. I’m going to try to recreate this. There are a bunch of recipes online that try to recreate it.

I'm interested.  When you find a good recipe post it up.  It does look tasty.

Dave..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eric said:

Eric, that video has me drooling. I want one of those pies. tom. :eat:

• Like 1

Me also. 

My wife's been making sauces daily from the tomatoes and can't keep up. We're eating it everyday and running out of space in the freezer. And we've been losing a lot to splitting from the constant thunderstorms and lack of regular sunshine. At least we only got 3.5" the other day while our friends 15 miles west got 10" in 7 hours. Overnight we only got 0.2" and it seems like a drought.

Neighbors gave her some eggplant seedlings a couple of months ago and I've enjoyed them with the homemade sauces. I don't like most eggplant at all. These are rosa bianca eggplants and there hasn't been a bitter one yet. The one in the pic is 1.35# and the two largest so far have been 2.18# and 1.96#

zIMG_6147.thumb.jpg.aba4d40a74a31976d5cd281109299028.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, DrB said:

Picked and chopped up ripe tomatoes. Picked Basil and Oregano to add to the pot.  Garlic and a few picked hot peppers into the mix cooking down. Sourdough cooking in the oven.  i cheated there, as I bought the dough at the farm market.  The house smells good.  Fresh picked sliced purple/black tomatoes with pink sea salt .  Sunday dinner is going to be good.

Dave..

My wife doesn't cook much/well.  But, her old family recipe spaghetti sauce is legendary.

14 hours ago, DrB said:

I'm interested.  When you find a good recipe post it up.  It does look tasty.

Dave..

Looks like you just put some cheese in a bowl with some shrooms and sauce, top it with a dough round,  bake it, brush it with butter, then flip it.

1 hour ago, johnbt said:

Me also. 

My wife's been making sauces daily from the tomatoes and can't keep up. We're eating it everyday and running out of space in the freezer. And we've been losing a lot to splitting from the constant thunderstorms and lack of regular sunshine. At least we only got 3.5" the other day while our friends 15 miles west got 10" in 7 hours. Overnight we only got 0.2" and it seems like a drought.

Neighbors gave her some eggplant seedlings a couple of months ago and I've enjoyed them with the homemade sauces. I don't like most eggplant at all. These are rosa bianca eggplants and there hasn't been a bitter one yet. The one in the pic is 1.35# and the two largest so far have been 2.18# and 1.96#

zIMG_6147.thumb.jpg.aba4d40a74a31976d5cd281109299028.jpg

That is one honking big eggplant.  Baba ghanoush for two dozen.

• Like 1

"That is one honking big eggplant."

Thank you. That's the 1.3#.  I just found out they are supposed to be 14 to 16 ounces.

Here's the 2.25#.

zzIMG_6142.thumb.JPG.303525dfdc1f849d62ebda2bad1093c7.JPG

Fwiw, I have a Rapala digital fish scale and the old postal scale is less than a half an ounce off in the middle ranges.

• Like 1