Austin City Council unanimously votes

jmohme

9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I wish there was some way to make politicians own the very crap they foist on other people!

Mismanagement seems a valid point for a lawsuit.  They should be liable!

But who could file the lawsuit? The citizens voted them in so presumably the citizens are liable for their own choice of representatives!

• Sad 1

This does not bode well for my fellow Texans there, although I use the term loosely, since they have become a colony of California in the last 20 years. 

Early retirements and resignations will eat up some of that 34%, but most of a police department or sheriff's office budget is manpower, so they may have to whack salaries for those who remain. Expect a hiring freeze. Training is almost always the first thing to get cut (and we wonder why serious incidents are always traced to lack of training). No overtime. No new vehicles when the current ones get too-high mileage. 

Austin will become more like Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco than it already is.

Edited by TXUSMC
Spelling
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

But who could file the lawsuit? The citizens voted them in so presumably the citizens are liable for their own choice of representatives!

I'm bemoaning the immunity of politicians.  I know you get what you deserve.