Spirometer

gwalchmai

I gotta go in for surgery next week, and the nurse gave me spirometer to start building my lungs up. This dang thing will work you. She said I need to take it to 2600 without exceeding the "best" pressure setting. I can go to 3500 if I do a "yoga exhale" before  I start, but four of 'em leaves me ready for a nap. I remember having one of these after my bypass surgery, but it seemed easier. Oh, well, it's a good thing to do, anyway.

IMG_2130.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I gotta blow in something like that when I go to my allergy doc.

The bigger beotch  is the other thing you blow in while the Nazi is screaming at you,

“ Blow, Blow, Blow “  even when you don’t have anything else in your lungs

and you do that three times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, willie-pete said:

I gotta blow in something like that when I go to my allergy doc.

The bigger beotch  is the other thing you blow in while the Nazi is screaming at you,

“ Blow, Blow, Blow “  even when you don’t have anything else in your lungs

and you do that three times.

“Allergy doc” is that what they are calling the breathalyzer connected to an ignition? :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Get one now from Amazon, Dave. They're cheap. Work up slowly and you'll OWN the respiration nurses. ;)

Excellent idea..  Thanks...  I will order one..  Now off to Amazon I go.

Update..  Ordered a Voloyne 5000.  Hopefully this will be as good as the Ferguson toilet that was recommended to me.

"Bud, the toilets of today aren't worthy of the name. They come in designer colors and they're too low. And when you flush them, they make this little weak, almost apologetic sound. Not the Ferguson. It only comes in white. And when you flush it, 'BA-WOOSH'. That's a man's flush, Bud. A Ferguson says, 'I'm a toilet. Sit down and give me your best shot'."

Edited by DrB
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, gwalchmai said:

Get one now from Amazon, Dave. They're cheap. Work up slowly and you'll OWN the respiration nurses. ;)

Damn, now that's a torture device..  I can get it up to 3500.. Once...  then it is all downhill..  I'll get better at this..  Dave...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DrB said:

Damn, now that's a torture device..  I can get it up to 3500.. Once...  then it is all downhill..  I'll get better at this..  Dave...

3500 is great, but yeah, it's humbling.

I'm 5'11" and the nurse told me I should do 2600, ten reps four times a day. I can do 3000 pretty regularly following the rules. One trick I've learned is to exhale as completely as possible and to slightly restrict my airflow with my tongue on inhalation, to stay in the "best" zone. Overall, though, reps is the key. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

3500 is great, but yeah, it's humbling.

I'm 5'11" and the nurse told me I should do 2600, ten reps four times a day. I can do 3000 pretty regularly following the rules. One trick I've learned is to exhale as completely as possible and to slightly restrict my airflow with my tongue on inhalation, to stay in the "best" zone. Overall, though, reps is the key. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Yep, first time I thought no big deal 3500.... Then downhill all the way......  I'll get better...... Dave..