Sometimes Bad Is Bad

Eric

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Ah, Huey Lewis. My first concert. Followed by Hall and Oates. It got somewhat better in the following 35 years, I promise.

That OP video, that was terrible. But I could understand the lyrics.

It really saddened me to hear that Huey Lewis had lost his hearing. I had hoped to see him perform that spring. His music is part of the anthem of the eighties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Huey's music definitely fit the times. That IS too bad about him losing his hearing. He always seemed like a pretty likeable guy. 

Not a fan of George Thorogood? I can get it. But one time my friend and I got in line to meet him after a concert in Orlando, and didn't have the right pass, or even any pass. When we got up to him, security noticed our lack of creds, and tried to kick us out. GT himself stopped them, signed our stuff, the told us to get out, with a smile. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Huey's music definitely fit the times. That IS too bad about him losing his hearing. He always seemed like a pretty likeable guy. 

Not a fan of George Thorogood? I can get it. But one time my friend and I got in line to meet him after a concert in Orlando, and didn't have the right pass, or even any pass. When we got up to him, security noticed our lack of creds, and tried to kick us out. GT himself stopped them, signed our stuff, the told us to get out, with a smile. 

That is a cool story about GT! I’m not sure why I’ve never liked his sound. It just doesn’t fit into my ears right, I guess. He probably wouldn’t like hearing me sing either. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

That is a cool story about GT! I’m not sure why I’ve never liked his sound. It just doesn’t fit into my ears right, I guess. He probably wouldn’t like hearing me sing either. :biggrin:

His style is definitely niche, very brash and jangly. I can see where you either like him, or not. Yeah, We both thought it was really cool of him. Gonna edit in a pic from my autograph room. The lower of the two big guitar pics is GT.

20200811_085436.jpg

Edited by tadbart
Added pic
  • Like 1