Looks like the yeast/flour shortage is over here.

DrB

At least in this area.  Local store had  full shelf of yeast and flour.  Picked up a bag of King Arthur unbleached and some yeast.  Getting the dough for pizza ready now.   Had Charmin Ultra Soft  also.  I'm in Seventh Heaven today...

Dave..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have also seen baker's yeast back on the shelves. I never ran out of Red Star Distiller's Active Dry Yeast (DADY), but I don't know how that would be for baking. Local store was only out of flour for a short time, but plain cornmeal has just now made its reappearance. Sugar and salt were also scarce for a while, but if you run out of either of those, we probably can't be friends anyhow! I always thought that a neighbor that would borrow a cup of sugar better be REAL hot to make up for the stupidity.

The Charmin comes in a 16-pack that fits my storage space perfectly. It's stacked to the ceiling. But I been a hoarder before hoarding was cool.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I don't know WHAT you are talking about. :drunk:

didja notice that tobacco that feller was walking through in the first few minutes of the video?

Yeah, i noticed it.

I brew beer and wine.

My grand father made shine...without  a tax stamp....the real...thing..

So how many pounds do you buy?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Someday, when I'm Out West and you're retired, we can hang out in the Man Shop.  :grillinsmiley::drunk:

Hell, brother-man, that is not...impossible.

In fact i look forward to it.

You let me know when your healed and I'll make that drink happen.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Stores have yeast and flour again, but they were about out of bread yesterday, and a whole lot of other stuff.  Meat was in stock, though.  Weird shortages at the Farm&Feed, today, too.

Bread is a hurricane staple. Like milk and water and terlit paper. Isaias the tropical storm came close to Flarduh. So, obvi, that is why y'all are out of bread up there.

That reminds me- I gotta swing by Tractor Supply and pick up some molasses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 10:55 PM, Al Czervik said:

Outdoor wood fired oven in the shade, right next to the kegerator. ?

All of us will be over...  Say what was your address again ???? I seem to have lost that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Hell, I thought I was the only one that did that.

I put ball-bearing wheels on everything.  Even on seemingly level surfaces,  you have to watch them.

Go to ticket kiosk,  get tickets,  turn around... gone.  Rolled across the building and into a row of seats.  I've had them roll across parking lots and into the street.

16 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I put ball-bearing wheels on everything.  Even on seemingly level surfaces,  you have to watch them.

Go to ticket kiosk,  get tickets,  turn around... gone.  Rolled across the building and into a row of seats.  I've had them roll across parking lots and into the street.

Earth spins, suitcase remains in same place. It's science.