What's in the Cab of Your Truck Right Now?

DrB

For me... One Border Collie who decided she wants to hang out there for the day, One Colt Cobra, Two Napa 1064 oil filters for my Kubota tractor, 2 fuel filters for said tractor, Two gallons of Rotella T4 10w30 diesel oil, 10ft. of heater hose with clamps, a gallon of anti freeze, misc. tools and such and a nice stained and varnished pick ax handle.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Historian said:

Zippo lighter

Yep,  I carry one of those in my pocket on the farm.  I have the zippo burn on both my legs through the years with the patches of no hair that will never grow again.

12 minutes ago, DrB said:

Yep,  I carry one of those in my pocket on the farm.  I have the zippo burn on both my legs through the years with the patches of no hair that will never grow again.

They are a fantastic tool and mad by the same company that makes Case pocket knives.

I'm hardly ever far for one of those knives.  Two my desk right now.

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

They are a fantastic tool and mad by the same company that makes Case pocket knives.

I'm hardly ever far for one of those knives.  Two my desk right now.

Did not know that.  Thought Zippo was a stand alone company.  Now I got to go get a couple of Case knives.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, DrB said:

Did not know that.  Thought Zippo was a stand alone company.  Now I got to go get a couple of Case knives.  Thanks.

I'm going to warn yea...you buy one good case knife.

You'll buy more.

I really like the Jumbo Stockman and the Tribal Lock.  But i probably have at least one of almost every model.

22 minutes ago, Historian said:

I'm going to warn yea...you buy one good case knife.

You'll buy more.

I really like the Jumbo Stockman and the Tribal Lock.  But i probably have at least one of almost every model.

Well just thanks.. Last thing I need is another addiction.  Let's just say..... if I were to be looking and just curious, where would be a good place on the net to look??  Just asking for a friend.  I wouldn't want to get hooked and all if I looked.

Edited by DrB

16 minutes ago, DrB said:

Well just thanks.. Last thing I need is another addiction.  Let's just say..... if I were to be looking and just curious, where would be a good place on the net to look??  Just asking for a friend.  I wouldn't want to get hooked and all if I looked.

Ayep.   Try the Case Collectors Club.

https://caseknives.com/pages/case-collectors-club

At the bottom is a link to a forum were people talk about...you guessed it.  The greatest common folder ever made.

I like knives.  I carry almost every day a Case...and a Benchmade....and if i'm out in the woods a Randal knife and a Case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Historian said:

At the bottom is a link to a forum were people talk about...you guessed it.  The greatest common folder ever made.

I like knives.  I carry almost every day a Case...and a Benchmade....and if i'm out in the woods a Randal knife and a Case.

All my old pocket knives got stolen when that Mother.....r.. broke in.  I am still pissed but life goes on so I need to get some new knives,thanks.  The ****..r did not get my favorite  Gerber fixed blade though.  If I were to ever run into him that knife would find a new home also......., in his chest.....

3 minutes ago, DrB said:

All my old pocket knives got stolen when that Mother.....r.. broke in.  I am still pissed but life goes on so I need to get some new knives,thanks.  The ****..r did not get my favorite  Gerber fixed blade though.  If I were to ever run into him that knife would find a new home also......., in his chest.....

I feel that way about my Randall that i waited 4.5 years to get.

That's a long time to wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

That's actually a really nice knife.  I've seen those before in person and they are outstanding.

Glad he didn't get it.

Thanks..  It is razor sharp.  Cut  myself getting it out.  Bought it sometime in the 80's.

Not a damn thing- I emptied it out when I dropped it off at the body shop. Minor wreck this week. No injuries, just sore muscles. Reconsidering my opinion of seatbelts, at least until I escape this hive of scum and villainy known as Flahrduh.

Normally, a pistol, a knife, a bottle of change, a roll of toilet paper, a bag of gloves, matches in a Ziploc, a small first aid kit, jumper cables, a small spade, an ammo can with basic range supplies, a blanket, etc.

We didn't talk about the tool box on the back.

Who knows. I have an an entrenching tool in there, gambrel, screws, bolts, hammer, saw, various tools, hammer, screw drivers, box of .22 maybe some other rounds, ropes, pipe glue.

In the bed...i have a level and an extension cord, right now.

And so wood. Logs i cup up to take to the parents so they can enjoy a fire this fall.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Historian said:

I recall that “a sure ‘nough Barlow” was a pocket knife mentioned by Mark Twain in Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn. Think I found a folding pocket knife with that label as a kid. Don’t know what became of that knife or whether it was what Twain meant or whether that brand still exists. I was later captured somewhat by the Case mystique. 

16 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I recall that “a sure ‘nough Barlow” was a pocket knife mentioned by Mark Twain in Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn. Think I found a folding pocket knife with that label as a kid. Don’t know what became of that knife or whether it was what Twain meant or whether that brand still exists. I was later captured somewhat by the Case mystique. 

Barlow is a style of pocket knife that was very popular at the turn of the century.  1880s forward.  It usually has one or two blades.   The larger of the two will be quite stout.

Case released a Barlow last year.  

And there have been other makers who have made the same style of knife...with the named Barlow on it.

First knife i ever really saw or used.  It was in my dad's tackle box.  :)

• Like 1